Key features and details
- Chicken polyclonal to PGP9.5
- Suitable for: WB, ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Cow, Human
- Isotype: IgY
Product nameAnti-PGP9.5 antibody
See all PGP9.5 primary antibodies
DescriptionChicken polyclonal to PGP9.5
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Cow, Human
Recombinant full length human PGP9.5 purified from E. coli.
- Rat hippocampal homogenate and Rat mixed neuron/glial cultures.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.065% Sodium azide
Concentration information loading...
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab72910 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/2500. Detects a band of approximately 25 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 25 kDa).|
FunctionUbiquitin-protein hydrolase involved both in the processing of ubiquitin precursors and of ubiquitinated proteins. This enzyme is a thiol protease that recognizes and hydrolyzes a peptide bond at the C-terminal glycine of ubiquitin. Also binds to free monoubiquitin and may prevent its degradation in lysosomes. The homodimer may have ATP-independent ubiquitin ligase activity.
Tissue specificityFound in neuronal cell bodies and processes throughout the neocortex (at protein level). Expressed in neurons and cells of the diffuse neuroendocrine system and their tumors. Weakly expressed in ovary. Down-regulated in brains from Parkinson disease and Alzheimer disease patients.
Involvement in diseaseParkinson disease 5
Neurodegeneration with optic atrophy, childhood-onset
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the peptidase C12 family.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Endoplasmic reticulum membrane. About 30% of total UCHL1 is associated with membranes in brain.
- Information by UniProt
- Epididymis luminal protein 117 antibody
- Epididymis secretory protein Li 53 antibody
- HEL 117 antibody
ab72910 has been referenced in 7 publications.
- Yu W et al. Role of P2X4Receptor in Mouse Voiding Function. Sci Rep 8:1838 (2018). ICC/IF . PubMed: 29382907
- Chen QQ et al. Age-dependent alpha-synuclein accumulation and aggregation in the colon of a transgenic mouse model of Parkinson's disease. Transl Neurodegener 7:13 (2018). PubMed: 29988485
- Wong R et al. Interleukin-1 mediates ischaemic brain injury via distinct actions on endothelial cells and cholinergic neurons. Brain Behav Immun N/A:N/A (2018). PubMed: 30453020
- McQuade RM et al. Irinotecan-Induced Gastrointestinal Dysfunction Is Associated with Enteric Neuropathy, but Increased Numbers of Cholinergic Myenteric Neurons. Front Physiol 8:391 (2017). IHC-P ; Mouse . PubMed: 28642718
- Guan NN et al. Receptors involved in the modulation of guinea pig urinary bladder motility by prostaglandin D2. Br J Pharmacol 172:4024-37 (2015). PubMed: 25917171
- Fu YY et al. 3-D imaging and illustration of mouse intestinal neurovascular complex. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 304:G1-11 (2013). ICC/IF ; Mouse . PubMed: 23086917
- Allen C et al. Neutrophil cerebrovascular transmigration triggers rapid neurotoxicity through release of proteases associated with decondensed DNA. J Immunol 189:381-92 (2012). PubMed: 22661091