Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal to PGP9.5
- Suitable for: WB, ICC/IF, Flow Cyt
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Cow, Human
- Isotype: IgG1
Product nameAnti-PGP9.5 antibody
See all PGP9.5 primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal to PGP9.5
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, ICC/IF, Flow Cytmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Cow, Human
Recombinant full length human PGP9.5 purified from E. coli.
- Rat hippocampal cell homogenate and rat spinal cord tissue.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.065% Sodium azide
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein G purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab72911 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/5000. Detects a band of approximately 43 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 25 kDa).|
|Flow Cyt||Use 1µg for 106 cells.
ab170190 - Mouse monoclonal IgG1, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
FunctionUbiquitin-protein hydrolase involved both in the processing of ubiquitin precursors and of ubiquitinated proteins. This enzyme is a thiol protease that recognizes and hydrolyzes a peptide bond at the C-terminal glycine of ubiquitin. Also binds to free monoubiquitin and may prevent its degradation in lysosomes. The homodimer may have ATP-independent ubiquitin ligase activity.
Tissue specificityFound in neuronal cell bodies and processes throughout the neocortex (at protein level). Expressed in neurons and cells of the diffuse neuroendocrine system and their tumors. Weakly expressed in ovary. Down-regulated in brains from Parkinson disease and Alzheimer disease patients.
Involvement in diseaseParkinson disease 5
Neurodegeneration with optic atrophy, childhood-onset
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the peptidase C12 family.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Endoplasmic reticulum membrane. About 30% of total UCHL1 is associated with membranes in brain.
- Information by UniProt
- Epididymis luminal protein 117 antibody
- Epididymis secretory protein Li 53 antibody
- HEL 117 antibody
Overlay histogram showing SH-SY5Y cells stained with ab72911 (red line). The cells were fixed with 4% paraformaldehyde (10 min) and then permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Tween for 20 min. The cells were then incubated in 1x PBS / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine to block non-specific protein-protein interactions followed by the antibody (ab72911, 1μg/1x106 cells) for 30 min at 22°C. The secondary antibody used was DyLight® 488 goat anti-mouse IgG (H&L) (ab96879) at 1/500 dilution for 30 min at 22°C. Isotype control antibody (black line) was mouse IgG1 [ICIGG1] (ab91353, 2μg/1x106 cells) used under the same conditions. Unlabelled sample (blue line) was also used as a control. Acquisition of >5,000 events were collected using a 20mW Argon ion laser (488nm) and 525/30 bandpass filter. This antibody gave a positive signal in SH-SY5Y cells fixed with 80% methanol (5 min)/permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Tween for 20 min used under the same conditions.
Anti-PGP9.5 antibody (ab72911) at 1/5000 dilution + rat hippocampal homogenate
Predicted band size: 25 kDa
Observed band size: <43 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
ab72911 at 1/500 dilution staining PGP9.5 in rat spinal cord by Immunofluorescence (shown in red). Anti-neurofilament NF-H antibody staining is shown in green. The large cells are a-motorneurons and PGP9.5 fills the cytoplasm of their perikarya and dendrites.
ab72911 has been referenced in 6 publications.
- Gray M et al. Development and characterisation of acquired radioresistant breast cancer cell lines. Radiat Oncol 14:64 (2019). PubMed: 30987655
- Axer H et al. The impairment of small nerve fibers in severe sepsis and septic shock. Crit Care 20:64 (2016). PubMed: 26984636
- Dong H et al. Inhibitory motor neurons of the esophageal myenteric plexus are mechanosensitive. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 308:C405-13 (2015). PubMed: 25540174
- Dong H et al. Morphological, immunocytochemical, and functional characterization of esophageal enteric neurons in primary culture. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 305:G129-38 (2013). PubMed: 23660501
- Verkerk AO et al. Functional Nav1.8 channels in intracardiac neurons: the link between SCN10A and cardiac electrophysiology. Circ Res 111:333-43 (2012). PubMed: 22723301
- Siman R et al. Evidence that a Panel of Neurodegeneration Biomarkers Predicts Vasospasm, Infarction, and Outcome in Aneurysmal Subarachnoid Hemorrhage. PLoS One 6:e28938 (2011). WB ; Human . PubMed: 22174930