Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to PGP9.5 - Neuronal Marker
- Suitable for: WB, ICC/IF, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-PGP9.5 antibody - Neuronal Marker
See all PGP9.5 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to PGP9.5 - Neuronal Marker
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, ICC/IF, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Recombinant full length protein corresponding to Human PGP9.5.
Database link: P09936
- Pancreas and small intestine This antibody gave a positive result when used in the following formaldehyde fixed cell lines: DU145.
This product is FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY. For commercial use, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.60
Preservative: 0.1% Sodium azide
Constituents: PBS, 1% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab15503 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use at an assay dependent concentration. Predicted molecular weight: 25 kDa.|
|ICC/IF||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml.|
|IHC-P||1/200. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol. Cool at RT for 20 minutes.|
FunctionUbiquitin-protein hydrolase involved both in the processing of ubiquitin precursors and of ubiquitinated proteins. This enzyme is a thiol protease that recognizes and hydrolyzes a peptide bond at the C-terminal glycine of ubiquitin. Also binds to free monoubiquitin and may prevent its degradation in lysosomes. The homodimer may have ATP-independent ubiquitin ligase activity.
Tissue specificityFound in neuronal cell bodies and processes throughout the neocortex (at protein level). Expressed in neurons and cells of the diffuse neuroendocrine system and their tumors. Weakly expressed in ovary. Down-regulated in brains from Parkinson disease and Alzheimer disease patients.
Involvement in diseaseParkinson disease 5
Neurodegeneration with optic atrophy, childhood-onset
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the peptidase C12 family.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Endoplasmic reticulum membrane. About 30% of total UCHL1 is associated with membranes in brain.
- Information by UniProt
- Epididymis luminal protein 117 antibody
- Epididymis secretory protein Li 53 antibody
- HEL 117 antibody
Formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded human pancreas tissue stained for PGP9.5 using ab15503 at 1/200 dilution in immunohistochemical analysis.
ICC/IF image of ab15503 stained DU145. The cells were 4% formaldehyde fixed (10 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody ab15503 at 1 ug/mL overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was DyLight® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) (ab96899) used at a 1/250 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
Anti-PGP9.5 antibody - Neuronal Marker (ab15503) at 1/25 dilution + Human Brain lysate
Predicted band size: 25 kDa
Observed band size: 26 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
ab15503 has been referenced in 10 publications.
- Griffin N et al. Clinicopathological significance of nerves in esophageal cancer. Am J Pathol N/A:N/A (2020). PubMed: 32479822
- Rowe CW et al. Innervation of papillary thyroid cancer and its association with extra-thyroidal invasion. Sci Rep 10:1539 (2020). IHC ; Human . PubMed: 32001748
- Akin EJ et al. Building sensory axons: Delivery and distribution of NaV1.7 channels and effects of inflammatory mediators. Sci Adv 5:eaax4755 (2019). PubMed: 31681845
- Faulkner S et al. Neurotrophin Receptors TrkA, p75NTR, and Sortilin Are Increased and Targetable in Thyroid Cancer. Am J Pathol 188:229-241 (2018). PubMed: 29037860
- Gao F et al. The neurotrophic tyrosine kinase receptor TrkA and its ligand NGF are increased in squamous cell carcinomas of the lung. Sci Rep 8:8135 (2018). PubMed: 29802376
- Tam J et al. Reconstitution of full-thickness skin by microcolumn grafting. J Tissue Eng Regen Med N/A:N/A (2016). IHC-P ; Human . PubMed: 27296503
- Pundavela J et al. Nerve fibers infiltrate the tumor microenvironment and are associated with nerve growth factor production and lymph node invasion in breast cancer. Mol Oncol 9:1626-35 (2015). PubMed: 26009480
- Le DD et al. Allergic airway inflammation induces the migration of dendritic cells into airway sensory ganglia. Respir Res 15:73 (2014). ICC/IF ; Mouse . PubMed: 24980659
- Danzer E et al. Morphologic analysis of the neuromuscular development of the anorectal unit in fetal rats with retinoic acid induced myelomeningocele. Neurosci Lett 430:157-62 (2008). PubMed: 18063303
- Veres TZ et al. Spatial interactions between dendritic cells and sensory nerves in allergic airway inflammation. Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol 37:553-61 (2007). PubMed: 17600312