Product nameAnti-PGRMC1 antibody
See all PGRMC1 primary antibodies
DescriptionGoat polyclonal to PGRMC1
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human, Macaque monkey
Predicted to work with: Rat, Cow, Pig
- WB: Human kidney, liver and testis lysates. Mouse testis.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.30
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.05% Tris buffered saline, 0.5% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Purification notesPurified from goat serum by ammonium sulphate precipitation followed by antigen affinity chromatography using the immunizing peptide.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab48012 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 0.1 - 0.33 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 25 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 22 kDa).
A 1 hour primary incubation is recommended for this product.
FunctionReceptor for progesterone.
Tissue specificityWidely expressed, with highest expression in liver and kidney.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the cytochrome b5 family. MAPR subfamily.
Contains 1 cytochrome b5 heme-binding domain.
DomainThe cytochrome b5 heme-binding domain lacks the conserved iron-binding His residues at positions 107 and 131.
Cellular localizationMicrosome membrane. Endoplasmic reticulum membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- HPR6.6 antibody
- Membrane associated progesterone receptor component 1 antibody
- Membrane-associated progesterone receptor component 1 antibody
ab48012 has been referenced in 10 publications.
- Riad A et al. Sigma-2 Receptor/TMEM97 and PGRMC-1 Increase the Rate of Internalization of LDL by LDL Receptor through the Formation of a Ternary Complex. Sci Rep 8:16845 (2018). PubMed: 30443021
- Nguyen T et al. Let-7i inhibition enhances progesterone-induced functional recovery in a mouse model of ischemia. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 115:E9668-E9677 (2018). PubMed: 30237284
- Zhang D et al. PGRMC1 Is a Novel Potential Tumor Biomarker of Human Renal Cell Carcinoma Based on Quantitative Proteomic and Integrative Biological Assessments. PLoS One 12:e0170453 (2017). WB, IHC . PubMed: 28107520
- Peluso JJ et al. Evidence for a genomic mechanism of action for progesterone receptor membrane component-1. Steroids 77:1007-12 (2012). WB ; Human . PubMed: 22326699
- Keator CS et al. Alterations in progesterone receptor membrane component 2 (PGRMC2) in the endometrium of macaques afflicted with advanced endometriosis. Mol Hum Reprod 18:308-19 (2012). IHC-P ; Macaque monkey . PubMed: 22307145
- Su C et al. Progesterone increases the release of brain-derived neurotrophic factor from glia via progesterone receptor membrane component 1 (Pgrmc1)-dependent ERK5 signaling. Endocrinology 153:4389-400 (2012). PubMed: 22778217
- Luciano AM et al. Expression of progesterone receptor membrane component-1 in bovine reproductive system during estrous cycle. Eur J Histochem 55:e27 (2011). WB . PubMed: 22073374
- Aparicio IM et al. Expression, regulation, and function of progesterone receptors in bovine cumulus oocyte complexes during in vitro maturation. Biol Reprod 84:910-21 (2011). PubMed: 21228216
- Wright JW et al. Dynamics of the primate ovarian surface epithelium during the ovulatory menstrual cycle. Hum Reprod 26:1408-21 (2011). PubMed: 21421660
- Peluso JJ et al. Progesterone activates a progesterone receptor membrane component 1-dependent mechanism that promotes human granulosa/luteal cell survival but not progesterone secretion. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 94:2644-9 (2009). WB ; Human . PubMed: 19417032