Key features and details
- F-actin depolymerization inhibitor
- CAS Number: 17466-45-4
- Purity: > 95%
- Soluble in DMSO and in ethanol to 10 mM
- Form / State: Solid
- Source: Synthetic
Product namePhalloidin, F-actin depolymerization inhibitor
DescriptionF-actin depolymerization inhibitor
Biological descriptionF-actin depolymerization inhibitor. Competitively binds to actin filaments (Ki = 22 nM) with higher affinity than actin monomers. Increases the rate of polymerization by stabilizing nuclei and polymers as they are formed. Shows hepatoselectivity in vivo.
Chemical nameCyclic(L-alanyl-D-threonyl-L-cysteinyl-cis-4-hydroxy-L-prolyl-L-alanyl-2-mercapto-L-tryptophyl-4,5-dihydroxy-L-leucyl), cyclic (3,6)-sulfide
Storage instructionsStore at +4°C. The product can be stored for up to 12 months.
Solubility overviewSoluble in DMSO and in ethanol to 10 mM
Wherever possible, you should prepare and use solutions on the same day. However, if you need to make up stock solutions in advance, we recommend that you store the solution as aliquots in tightly sealed vials at -20°C. Generally, these will be useable for up to one week. Before use, and prior to opening the vial we recommend that you allow your product to equilibrate to room temperature for at least 1 hour.
Toxic, refer to SDS for further information.
Need more advice on solubility, usage and handling? Please visit our frequently asked questions (FAQ) page for more details.
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab143533 has been referenced in 3 publications.
- Tian S et al. RNA N6 -methyladenosine modification suppresses replication of rice black streaked dwarf virus and is associated with virus persistence in its insect vector. Mol Plant Pathol 22:1070-1081 (2021). PubMed: 34251749
- Gupta AC et al. Establishment of an in vitro organoid model of dermal papilla of human hair follicle. J Cell Physiol N/A:N/A (2018). PubMed: 29923313
- Gomez-Roman N et al. A novel 3D human glioblastoma cell culture system for modeling drug and radiation responses. Neuro Oncol N/A:N/A (2016). PubMed: 27576873