Key features and details
- Assay type: Cell-based (qualitative)
- Platform: Fluorescence microscope
- Sample type: Adherent cells, Suspension cells
Product namePhalloidin-iFluor 488 Reagent
See all F-actin kits
Sample typeAdherent cells, Suspension cells
Assay typeCell-based (qualitative)
Phalloidin-iFluor 488 Reagent ab176753 is one of a series of phalloidin conjugates that bind to actin filaments, also known as F-actin. The iFluor 488 dye can be easily detected with a fluorescent microscope at Ex/Em = 493/517 nm.
Our phalloidin conjugates are convenient probes for labeling, identifying and quantifying animal or plant actin filaments in formaldehyde-fixed and permeabilized tissue sections, cell cultures or cell-free experiments. They can also be used with paraffin-embedded samples that have been de-paraffinized.
Review other popular phalloidin dye conjugates, including Phalloidin-iFluor 647, Phalloidin-iFluor 594, Phalloidin-iFluor 555, and Rhodamine Phalloidin, search the website to see all phallodin conjugates, or read the phalloidin staining protocol.
Staining fixed cell or tissue samples with phalloidin conjugates is very simple; it requires a single 20-90 min incubation with the phalloidin, followed by 3 short wash steps. Phalloidin staining can be combined with antibody-based staining by adding the phalloidin conjugate during either the primary or secondary antibody incubation step.
When used in unfixed samples, phalloidin binding leads to a decrease in the disassociation rate of actin subunits from the ends of actin filaments, essentially stabilizing actin filaments through the prevention of filament depolymerisation.
Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 300 tests Phalloidin-iFluor 488 Conjugate 1 x 300 tests
- actin filament
- f actin
- Filamentous actin
Ab176753 at 1/1000 dilution in PBS whole mount Immunofluorescence of Mouse inner ear sensory epithelia. Tissue was incubated for 2 hours at room temperature.
Macrophage J774A.1 cell line stained with Phalloidin 488 and DAPI nuclear counterstaining.
Actin filaments staining in HeLa cells. Actin filaments (green) were stained with CytoPainter Phalloidin-iFluor 488 reagent (ab176753); tubulin filaments were stained with a mouse anti-tubulin antibody/goat anti-mouse IgG (red). Nuclei were stained with Hoechst 33342.
Excitation and emission spectra of phalloidin-iFluor 488 reagent.
ab176753 has been referenced in 81 publications.
- Dewan SMR et al. Complement C5a-triggered differentiated HL-60 stimulates migration of THP-1 monocytic leukocytes via secretion of CCL2. FEBS Open Bio N/A:N/A (2021). PubMed: 33715310
- Uzureau S et al. APOL1 C-Terminal Variants May Trigger Kidney Disease through Interference with APOL3 Control of Actomyosin. Cell Rep 30:3821-3836.e13 (2020). PubMed: 32187552
- Gopalakrishnan R et al. Narciclasine, an isocarbostyril alkaloid, has preferential activity against primary effusion lymphoma. Sci Rep 10:5712 (2020). PubMed: 32235878
- Kim D & Kwon S Vibrational stress affects extracellular signal-regulated kinases activation and cytoskeleton structure in human keratinocytes. PLoS One 15:e0231174 (2020). PubMed: 32267880
- Sun X et al. Pregnenolone Inhibits Osteoclast Differentiation and Protects Against Lipopolysaccharide-Induced Inflammatory Bone Destruction and Ovariectomy-Induced Bone Loss. Front Pharmacol 11:360 (2020). PubMed: 32292342