Product namePhalloidin-iFluor 555 Reagent
See all F-actin kits
Sample typeAdherent cells, Suspension cells
Assay typeCell-based (qualitative)
Phalloidin-iFluor 555 Reagent (ab176756) is one of a series of phalloidin conjugates that bind to actin filaments, also known as F-actin. Phallodin-iFluor 555 can be detected with a fluorescent microscope at Ex/Em = 556/574 nm.
Phalloidin conjugates are convenient probes for labeling, identifying and quantifying animal or plant actin filaments in formaldehyde-fixed and permeabilized tissue sections, cell cultures or cell-free experiments. They can also be used in paraffin-embedded samples that have been de-paraffinized.
Review other popular phalloidin dye conjugates, including Phalloidin-iFluor 488, Phalloidin-iFluor 647, Phalloidin-iFluor 594, and Rhodamine Phalloidin, search the website to see all phallodin conjugates, or read the phalloidin staining protocol.
Staining fixed cell or tissue samples with phalloidin conjugates is very simple; it requires a single 20-90 min incubation with the phalloidin, followed by 3 short wash steps. Phalloidin staining can be combined with antibody-based staining by adding the phalloidin conjugate during either the primary or secondary antibody incubation step.
When used in unfixed samples, phalloidin binding leads to a decrease in the disassociation rate of actin subunits from the ends of actin filaments, essentially stabilizing actin filaments through the prevention of filament depolymerisation.
Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 300 tests Phalloidin-iFluor 555 Conjugate 1 x 300 tests
- actin filament
- f actin
- Filamentous actin
Immunofluorescent images of Phalloidin staining at day 3 across various surface thicknesses. Red fluorescence indicates phalloidin staining for F-actin and blue fluorescence indicates DAPI staining for cell nuclei.
Excitation and emission of phalloidin-iFluor 555 reagent.
ab176756 has been referenced in 20 publications.
- Uretmen Kagiali ZC et al. CLIC4 and CLIC1 bridge plasma membrane and cortical actin network for a successful cytokinesis. Life Sci Alliance 3:N/A (2020). PubMed: 31879279
- Dorca-Arévalo J et al. Lung endothelial cells are sensitive to epsilon toxin from Clostridium perfringens. Vet Res 51:27 (2020). PubMed: 32093740
- Place DE et al. Interferon inducible GBPs restrict Burkholderia thailandensis motility induced cell-cell fusion. PLoS Pathog 16:e1008364 (2020). PubMed: 32150572
- An H et al. Stomatin plays a suppressor role in non-small cell lung cancer metastasis. Chin J Cancer Res 31:930-944 (2019). PubMed: 31949395
- Lahrouchi N et al. Homozygous frameshift mutations in FAT1 cause a syndrome characterized by colobomatous-microphthalmia, ptosis, nephropathy and syndactyly. Nat Commun 10:1180 (2019). PubMed: 30862798