Key features and details
- Assay type: Cell-based (qualitative)
- Platform: Fluorescence microscope
- Sample type: Adherent cells, Suspension cells
Product namePhalloidin-iFluor 594 Reagent
See all F-actin kits
Sample typeAdherent cells, Suspension cells
Assay typeCell-based (qualitative)
Phalloidin-iFluor 594 Reagent (ab176757) is one of a series of phalloidin conjugates that bind to actin filaments, also known as F-actin. Phalloidin-Fluor 594 can be detected with a fluorescent microscope at Ex/Em = 590/618 nm.
Phalloidin conjugates are convenient probes for labeling, identifying and quantifying animal or plant actin filaments in formaldehyde-fixed and permeabilized tissue sections, cell cultures or cell-free experiments. They can also be used in paraffin-embedded samples that have been de-paraffinized.
Review other popular phalloidin dye conjugates, including Phalloidin-iFluor 488, Phalloidin-iFluor 647, Phalloidin-iFluor 555, and Rhodamine Phalloidin, search the website to see all phallodin conjugates, or read the phalloidin staining protocol.
Staining fixed cell or tissue samples with phalloidin conjugates is very simple; it requires a single 20-90 min incubation with the phalloidin, followed by 3 short wash steps. Phalloidin staining can be combined with antibody-based staining by adding the phalloidin conjugate during either the primary or secondary antibody incubation step.
When used in unfixed samples, phalloidin binding leads to a decrease in the disassociation rate of actin subunits from the ends of actin filaments, essentially stabilizing actin filaments through the prevention of filament depolymerisation.
Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 300 tests Phalloidin-iFluor 594 Conjugate 1 x 300 tests
- actin filament
- f actin
- Filamentous actin
Ab176757 at 1/1000 dilution in PBS used for a whole-mount of the sensory epithelium in a mouse inner ear.
Actin filaments staining in HeLa cells. Actin filaments (red) were stained with CytoPainter Phalloidin-iFluor 594 reagent (ab176757); ER (green) was stained with CytoPainter ER Staining Kit – Green Fluorescence (ab139481). Nuclei (blue) were stained with DAPI.
The A549 KOAGR2 were stained with CytoPainter phalloidin-iFluor 594 reagent to detect morphological changes associated with F-actin reorganization. Nuclei were visualised with DAPI.
Excitation and emission spectra of phalloidin-iFluor 594 reagent.
ab176757 has been referenced in 24 publications.
- Meyer M et al. Myocyte Enhancer Factor 2A (MEF2A) Defines Oxytocin-Induced Morphological Effects and Regulates Mitochondrial Function in Neurons. Int J Mol Sci 21:N/A (2020). PubMed: 32209973
- Brigant B et al. TRIM37 is highly expressed during mitosis in CHON-002 chondrocytes cell line and is regulated by miR-223. Bone 137:115393 (2020). PubMed: 32353567
- Salmina K et al. "Mitotic Slippage" and Extranuclear DNA in Cancer Chemoresistance: A Focus on Telomeres. Int J Mol Sci 21:N/A (2020). PubMed: 32316332
- Zeng J et al. Inhibition of TGFß-activated protein kinase 1 ameliorates myocardial ischaemia/reperfusion injury via endoplasmic reticulum stress suppression. J Cell Mol Med 24:6846-6859 (2020). PubMed: 32378287
- Alves SM et al. Studying Normal Tissue Radiation Effects using Extracellular Matrix Hydrogels. J Vis Exp N/A:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31403613