Key features and details
- Goat polyclonal to PHLDA3
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.30
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: Tris buffered saline, 0.5% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Purification notesab22822 was purified by ammonium sulphate precipitation followed by antigen affinity chromatography using the immunizing peptide.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab22822 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 0.2 - 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 18 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 14 kDa).
A 1 hour primary incubation is recommended for this product.
Functionp53/TP53-regulated repressor of Akt/AKT1 signaling. Represses AKT1 by preventing AKT1-binding to membrane lipids, thereby inhibiting AKT1 translocation to the cellular membrane and activation. Contributes to p53/TP53-dependent apoptosis by repressing AKT1 activity. Its directs transcription regulation by p53/TP53 may explain how p53/TP53 can negatively regulate AKT1. May acts as a tumor suppressor.
Tissue specificityWidely expressed with lowest expression in liver and spleen.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the PHLDA3 family.
Contains 1 PH domain.
DomainThe PH domain binds phosphoinositides with a broad specificity. It competes with the PH domain of AKT1 and directly interferes with AKT1 binding to phosphatidylinositol 4,5-bisphosphate (PIP2) and phosphatidylinositol 3,4,5-triphosphate (PIP3), preventing AKT1 association to membrane lipids and subsequent activation of AKT1 signaling.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- PHLA3_HUMAN antibody
- PHLDA 3 antibody
- phlda3 antibody
ab22822 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Bensellam M et al. Phlda3 regulates beta cell survival during stress. Sci Rep 9:12827 (2019). PubMed: 31492921
- Leszczynska KB et al. Hypoxia-induced p53 modulates both apoptosis and radiosensitivity via AKT. J Clin Invest 125:2385-98 (2015). PubMed: 25961455
- Ohki R et al. PHLDA3 is a novel tumor suppressor of pancreatic neuroendocrine tumors. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 111:E2404-13 (2014). PubMed: 24912192
- Kawase T et al. PH domain-only protein PHLDA3 is a p53-regulated repressor of Akt. Cell 136:535-50 (2009). WB . PubMed: 19203586