Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to PHLPP2
- Suitable for: WB, IP
- Reacts with: Mouse, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-PHLPP2 antibody
See all PHLPP2 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to PHLPP2
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IPmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Predicted to work with: Rabbit, Guinea pig, Rhesus monkey, Gorilla
Synthetic peptide corresponding to a region between residues 1275 and the C-terminus (residue 1323) of human PHLPP2 (NP_055835.2)
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.09% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.1% BSA, Tris buffered saline
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab71973 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/2000 - 1/10000. Detects a band of approximately 190 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 147 kDa).|
|IP||Use at 1-4 µg/mg of lysate.|
FunctionProtein phosphatase that mediates dephosphorylation of 'Ser-473' of AKT1, 'Ser-660' of PRKCB isoform beta-II and 'Ser-657' of PRKCA. AKT1 regulates the balance between cell survival and apoptosis through a cascade that primarily alters the function of transcription factors that regulate pro- and antiapoptotic genes. Dephosphorylation of 'Ser-473' of AKT1 triggers apoptosis and decreases cell proliferation. Also controls the phosphorylation of AKT3. Dephosphorylation of PRKCA and PRKCB leads to their destabilization and degradation. Inhibits cancer cell proliferation and may act as a tumor suppressor.
Tissue specificityIn colorectal cancer tissue, expression is highest in the surface epithelium of normal colonic mucosa adjacent to the cancer tissue but is largely excluded from the crypt bases. Expression is lost or significantly decreased in 80% of tested tumors (at protein level).
Sequence similaritiesContains 22 LRR (leucine-rich) repeats.
Contains 1 PH domain.
Contains 1 PP2C-like domain.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Membrane. Nucleus. In colorectal cancer tissue, expression is concentrated in the cytoplasm and nucleus.
- Information by UniProt
- KIAA0931 antibody
- PH domain and leucine rich repeat protein phosphatase 2 antibody
- PH domain leucine rich repeat protein phosphatase like antibody
All lanes : Anti-PHLPP2 antibody (ab71973) at 0.04 µg/ml
Lane 1 : HeLa whole cell lysate at 50 µg
Lane 2 : HeLa whole cell lysate at 15 µg
Lane 3 : HeLa whole cell lysate at 5 µg
Lane 4 : 293T whole cell lysate at 50 µg
Lane 5 : NIH3T3 whole cell lysate at 50 µg
Predicted band size: 147 kDa
Observed band size: 190 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Detection of PHLPP2 by Western Blot of Immunoprecipitate.
ab71973 at 1µg/ml staining PHLPP2 in HeLa whole cell lysate immunoprecipitated using ab71973 at 3µg/mg lysate (1 mg/IP; 20% of IP loaded/lane).
Detection: chemiluminescence with exposure time of 30 seconds.
ab71973 has been referenced in 7 publications.
- Zhang J et al. Excessive miR-25-3p maturation via N6-methyladenosine stimulated by cigarette smoke promotes pancreatic cancer progression. Nat Commun 10:1858 (2019). PubMed: 31015415
- Chen S et al. miR-762 Promotes Malignant Development of Head and Neck Squamous Cell Carcinoma by Targeting PHLPP2 and FOXO4. Onco Targets Ther 12:11425-11436 (2019). PubMed: 31920332
- Yan X et al. MiR-135a Protects Vascular Endothelial Cells Against Ventilator-Induced Lung Injury by Inhibiting PHLPP2 to Activate PI3K/Akt Pathway. Cell Physiol Biochem 48:1245-1258 (2018). PubMed: 30045018
- Liu J et al. m6A mRNA methylation regulates AKT activity to promote the proliferation and tumorigenicity of endometrial cancer. Nat Cell Biol 20:1074-1083 (2018). PubMed: 30154548
- Sun X et al. MicroRNA-181b Improves Glucose Homeostasis and Insulin Sensitivity by Regulating Endothelial Function in White Adipose Tissue. Circ Res 118:810-21 (2016). PubMed: 26830849
- Castellanos-Martín A et al. Unraveling heterogeneous susceptibility and the evolution of breast cancer using a systems biology approach. Genome Biol 16:40 (2015). PubMed: 25853295
- Liao WT et al. microRNA-224 promotes cell proliferation and tumor growth in human colorectal cancer by repressing PHLPP1 and PHLPP2. Clin Cancer Res 19:4662-72 (2013). PubMed: 23846336