Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Phospholamban
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Phospholamban antibody
See all Phospholamban primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Phospholamban
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- WB: Rat heart tissue lysate. CEM, MCF-7, HT1080, and HeLa cell lysates
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferPreservatives: 0.025% Sodium azide, 0.025% Thimerosal (merthiolate)
Constituents: 2.5% BSA, 0.45% Sodium chloride, 0.1% Dibasic monohydrogen sodium phosphate
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab86930 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Predicted molecular weight: 6 kDa.|
FunctionReversibly inhibits the activity of ATP2A2 in cardiac sarcoplasmic reticulum by decreasing the apparent affinity of the ATPase for Ca(2+). Modulates the contractility of the heart muscle in response to physiological stimuli via its effects on ATP2A2. Modulates calcium re-uptake during muscle relaxation and plays an important role in calcium homeostasis in the heart muscle. The degree of ATP2A2 inhibition depends on the oligomeric state of PLN. ATP2A2 inhibition is alleviated by PLN phosphorylation.
Tissue specificityHeart muscle (at protein level).
Involvement in diseaseCardiomyopathy, dilated 1P
Cardiomyopathy, familial hypertrophic 18
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the phospholamban family.
modificationsPhosphorylation by PKA abolishes the inhibition of ATP2A2-mediated calcium uptake. Phosphorylated at Thr-17 by CaMK2, and in response to beta-adrenergic stimulation. Phosphorylation by DMPK may stimulate sarcoplasmic reticulum calcium uptake in cardiomyocytes.
Cellular localizationEndoplasmic reticulum membrane. Sarcoplasmic reticulum membrane. Mitochondrion membrane. Membrane. Colocalizes with HAX1 at the endoplasmic reticulum (PubMed:17241641). Colocalizes with DMPK a the sarcoplasmic reticulum (PubMed:15598648).
- Information by UniProt
- Cardiac phospholamban antibody
- CMD1P antibody
- CMH18 antibody
All lanes : Anti-Phospholamban antibody (ab86930) at 0.5 µg/ml
Lanes 1-2 : Rat Heart Tissue Lysate at 50 µg
Lane 3 : CEM Whole Cell Lysate at 40 µg
Lane 4 : MCF-7 Whole Cell Lysate at 40 µg
Lane 5 : HT1080 Whole Cell Lysate at 40 µg
Lane 6 : HeLa Whole Cell Lysate at 40 µg
Predicted band size: 6 kDa
All lanes : Anti-Phospholamban antibody (ab86930) at 1 µg/ml
All lanes : Rat heart tissue lysate
Predicted band size: 6 kDa
Observed band size: 11 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
ab86930 has been referenced in 5 publications.
- Silveira AC et al. Exercise Training Restores Cardiac MicroRNA-1 and MicroRNA-29c to Nonpathological Levels in Obese Rats. Oxid Med Cell Longev 2017:1549014 (2017). PubMed: 29138674
- Yavari A et al. Mammalian ?2 AMPK regulates intrinsic heart rate. Nat Commun 8:1258 (2017). PubMed: 29097735
- Seldin MM et al. A systems genetics approach identifies Trp53inp2 as a link between cardiomyocyte glucose utilization and hypertrophic response. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 312:H728-H741 (2017). PubMed: 28235788
- Najafi A et al. Selective phosphorylation of PKA targets after ß-adrenergic receptor stimulation impairs myofilament function in Mybpc3-targeted HCM mouse model. Cardiovasc Res 110:200-14 (2016). PubMed: 26825555
- Melo SF et al. Exercise training restores the cardiac microRNA-1 and -214 levels regulating Ca2+ handling after myocardial infarction. BMC Cardiovasc Disord 15:166 (2015). WB ; Rat . PubMed: 26646371