Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Phospholamban (phospho S16)
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Rabbit, Hamster, Cow, Human, Chinese hamster
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Phospholamban (phospho S16) antibody
See all Phospholamban primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Phospholamban (phospho S16)
SpecificityMultiple bands can be observed in addition to the 25kD pentamer for PLB. Monomeric, dimeric, trimeric forms, etc. can be observed if the preparations are boiled before SDS-PAGE. This antibody also can display non-specific bands at 75 and 100kD in some lysate preparations. Note: Do not boil cardiac preparation. Boiling may reduce the 25kD pentamer in to tri-, di- or monomers. In addition, phosphorylation may disrupt the pentamer into dimers and monomers.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Rabbit, Hamster, Cow, Human, Chinese hamster
Predicted to work with: Dog
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.368% Tris glycine, 30% Glycerol, 0.87% Sodium chloride
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab15000 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 0.5 - 2 µg/ml. Predicted molecular weight: 6.24 kDa.|
FunctionReversibly inhibits the activity of ATP2A2 in cardiac sarcoplasmic reticulum by decreasing the apparent affinity of the ATPase for Ca(2+). Modulates the contractility of the heart muscle in response to physiological stimuli via its effects on ATP2A2. Modulates calcium re-uptake during muscle relaxation and plays an important role in calcium homeostasis in the heart muscle. The degree of ATP2A2 inhibition depends on the oligomeric state of PLN. ATP2A2 inhibition is alleviated by PLN phosphorylation.
Tissue specificityHeart muscle (at protein level).
Involvement in diseaseCardiomyopathy, dilated 1P
Cardiomyopathy, familial hypertrophic 18
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the phospholamban family.
modificationsPhosphorylation by PKA abolishes the inhibition of ATP2A2-mediated calcium uptake. Phosphorylated at Thr-17 by CaMK2, and in response to beta-adrenergic stimulation. Phosphorylation by DMPK may stimulate sarcoplasmic reticulum calcium uptake in cardiomyocytes.
Cellular localizationEndoplasmic reticulum membrane. Sarcoplasmic reticulum membrane. Mitochondrion membrane. Membrane. Colocalizes with HAX1 at the endoplasmic reticulum (PubMed:17241641). Colocalizes with DMPK a the sarcoplasmic reticulum (PubMed:15598648).
- Information by UniProt
- Cardiac phospholamban antibody
- CMD1P antibody
- CMH18 antibody
ab15000 has been referenced in 24 publications.
- Roczkowsky A et al. Myocardial MMP-2 contributes to SERCA2a proteolysis during cardiac ischemia-reperfusion injury. Cardiovasc Res N/A:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31373602
- Park SW et al. All-trans retinoic acid attenuates isoproterenol-induced cardiac dysfunction through Crabp1 to dampen CaMKII activation. Eur J Pharmacol 858:172485 (2019). PubMed: 31238067
- Geng L et al. Rapid Electrical Stimulation Increased Cardiac Apoptosis Through Disturbance of Calcium Homeostasis and Mitochondrial Dysfunction in Human Induced Pluripotent Stem Cell-Derived Cardiomyocytes. Cell Physiol Biochem 47:1167-1180 (2018). PubMed: 29913448
- Yang Y et al. Xanthine Oxidase Inhibitor Allopurinol Prevents Oxidative Stress-Mediated Atrial Remodeling in Alloxan-Induced Diabetes Mellitus Rabbits. J Am Heart Assoc 7:N/A (2018). PubMed: 29720500
- Park SW et al. CRABP1 protects the heart from isoproterenol-induced acute and chronic remodeling. J Endocrinol 236:151-165 (2018). PubMed: 29371236