Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Phospholamban (phospho S16 + T17)
- Suitable for: ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Phospholamban (phospho S16 + T17) antibody
See all Phospholamban primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Phospholamban (phospho S16 + T17)
SpecificityDetects endogenous levels of Phospholamban only when phosphorylated at serine 16 and threonine 17
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Rat, Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse
Synthetic phosphopeptide derived from human Phospholamban around the phosphorylation site of serine 16 and threonine 17 (R-A-SP-TP-I-E).
- HuvEc cells
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: PBS, 50% Glycerol, 0.87% Sodium chloride
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Purification notesPurified from rabbit antiserum by affinity chromatography using epitope specific phosphopeptide. The antibody against non-phosphopeptide was removed by chromatography using non-phosphopeptide corresponding to the phosphorylation site.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab62170 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||1/500 - 1/1000.|
FunctionReversibly inhibits the activity of ATP2A2 in cardiac sarcoplasmic reticulum by decreasing the apparent affinity of the ATPase for Ca(2+). Modulates the contractility of the heart muscle in response to physiological stimuli via its effects on ATP2A2. Modulates calcium re-uptake during muscle relaxation and plays an important role in calcium homeostasis in the heart muscle. The degree of ATP2A2 inhibition depends on the oligomeric state of PLN. ATP2A2 inhibition is alleviated by PLN phosphorylation.
Tissue specificityHeart muscle (at protein level).
Involvement in diseaseCardiomyopathy, dilated 1P
Cardiomyopathy, familial hypertrophic 18
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the phospholamban family.
modificationsPhosphorylation by PKA abolishes the inhibition of ATP2A2-mediated calcium uptake. Phosphorylated at Thr-17 by CaMK2, and in response to beta-adrenergic stimulation. Phosphorylation by DMPK may stimulate sarcoplasmic reticulum calcium uptake in cardiomyocytes.
Cellular localizationEndoplasmic reticulum membrane. Sarcoplasmic reticulum membrane. Mitochondrion membrane. Membrane. Colocalizes with HAX1 at the endoplasmic reticulum (PubMed:17241641). Colocalizes with DMPK a the sarcoplasmic reticulum (PubMed:15598648).
- Information by UniProt
- Cardiac phospholamban antibody
- CMD1P antibody
- CMH18 antibody
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab62170 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Qin R et al. Exercise training reduces ventricular arrhythmias through restoring calcium handling and sympathetic tone in myocardial infarction mice. Physiol Rep 7:e13972 (2019). PubMed: 30806037
- Chen J et al. Nkx2.5 insufficiency leads to atrial electrical remodeling through Wnt signaling in HL-1 cells. Exp Ther Med 18:4631-4636 (2019). PubMed: 31798700
- Kim GE et al. LKB1 deletion causes early changes in atrial channel expression and electrophysiology prior to atrial fibrillation. Cardiovasc Res 108:197-208 (2015). PubMed: 26378152
- Huang Y et al. Sarcoplasmic phospholamban protein is involved in the mechanisms of postresuscitation myocardial dysfunction and the cardioprotective effect of nitrite during resuscitation. PLoS One 8:e82552 (2013). WB ; Rat . PubMed: 24386101