Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Phosphoserine Aminotransferase
- Suitable for: WB, ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Phosphoserine Aminotransferase antibody
See all Phosphoserine Aminotransferase primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Phosphoserine Aminotransferase
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat, Rabbit, Cow
Recombinant protein fragment with a sequence corresponding to a region within amino acids 48 and 298 of Human Phosphoserine Aminotransferase (NP_478059).
- 293T, A431, H1299, HeLa, HepG2, Molt-4 and Raji cell lines. H1299 whole cell lysate for WB and A549 cells for IF.
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.00
Preservative: 0.025% Proclin 300
Constituents: 78% PBS, 1% BSA, 20% Glycerol (glycerin, glycerine)
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab96136 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/500 - 1/3000. Predicted molecular weight: 40 kDa.|
|ICC/IF||1/100 - 1/200.|
FunctionCatalyzes the reversible conversion of 3-phosphohydroxypyruvate to phosphoserine and of 3-hydroxy-2-oxo-4-phosphonooxybutanoate to phosphohydroxythreonine.
Tissue specificityExpressed at high levels in the brain, liver, kidney and pancreas, and very weakly expressed in the thymus, prostate, testis and colon.
PathwayAmino-acid biosynthesis; L-serine biosynthesis; L-serine from 3-phospho-D-glycerate: step 2/3.
Cofactor biosynthesis; pyridoxine 5'-phosphate biosynthesis; pyridoxine 5'-phosphate from D-erythrose 4-phosphate: step 3/5.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in PSAT1 are the cause of phosphoserine aminotransferase deficiency (PSATD) [MIM:610992]. PSATD is characterized biochemically by low plasma and cerebrospinal fluid concentrations of serine and glycine and clinically by intractable seizures, acquired microcephaly, hypertonia, and psychomotor retardation.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the class-V pyridoxal-phosphate-dependent aminotransferase family. SerC subfamily.
- Information by UniProt
- EC 184.108.40.206 antibody
- Endometrial progesterone induced protein antibody
- EPIP antibody
ab96136 has been referenced in 8 publications.
- Spillier Q et al. Structure-Activity Relationships (SARs) of a-Ketothioamides as Inhibitors of Phosphoglycerate Dehydrogenase (PHGDH). Pharmaceuticals (Basel) 13:N/A (2020). PubMed: 31979167
- Chen Y et al. O-GlcNAcylated c-Jun antagonizes ferroptosis via inhibiting GSH synthesis in liver cancer. Cell Signal 63:109384 (2019). PubMed: 31394193
- Dai J et al. Overexpression of microRNA-195-5p reduces cisplatin resistance and angiogenesis in ovarian cancer by inhibiting the PSAT1-dependent GSK3ß/ß-catenin signaling pathway. J Transl Med 17:190 (2019). PubMed: 31171023
- Beránek V et al. Genetically Encoded Protein Phosphorylation in Mammalian Cells. Cell Chem Biol 25:1067-1074.e5 (2018). PubMed: 29937407
- Sen N et al. EWS-FLI1 reprograms the metabolism of Ewing sarcoma cells via positive regulation of glutamine import and serine-glycine biosynthesis. Mol Carcinog 57:1342-1357 (2018). PubMed: 29873416
- Wang H et al. The metabolic function of cyclin D3-CDK6 kinase in cancer cell survival. Nature 546:426-430 (2017). PubMed: 28607489
- Lorkova L et al. Detailed Functional and Proteomic Characterization of Fludarabine Resistance in Mantle Cell Lymphoma Cells. PLoS One 10:e0135314 (2015). WB . PubMed: 26285204
- Kim SK et al. Differential expression of enzymes associated with serine/glycine metabolism in different breast cancer subtypes. PLoS One 9:e101004 (2014). WB ; Human . PubMed: 24979213