Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Phosphoserine
- Suitable for: ELISA, IP, WB
- Reacts with: Species independent
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Phosphoserine antibody
See all Phosphoserine primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Phosphoserine
SpecificityRecognize proteins phosphorylated on serine residues. Does not cross-react with phosphotyrosine. Will detect 50 ng of phosvitin with immunoblotting or 0.5 ng of phosvitin with immunocaptured ELISA. Antibody slightly cross-reacts with phosphothreonine (about 20%) based on indirect ELISA data.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ELISA, IP, WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Species independent
BSA and KLH-phosphoserine conjugates.
- Mouse brain extract for Western Blotting. Synthetic phosphopeptide or phosvitin for ELISA.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.1% Sodium azide
Constituent: Tris buffered saline
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab9332 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ELISA||Use a concentration of 0.5 µg/ml.|
|IP||Use at 10-0.25 µg/mg of lysate. Use at 10µg/0.25 mg of chromatography fractionated protein sample.|
|WB||Use a concentration of 2 - 4 µg/ml. To block use 3%BSA with 0.1% gelatin (do not use milk). We recommend that the antibody solution should contain 0.5% BSA to prevent non-specific binding.|
RelevanceChanges in the serine/threonine phosphorylation state of a protein in response to various external stimuli can have profound effects on cellular signal transduction, apoptosis and carcinogenesis. The reagents, including phosphorylated protein/peptides, antibodies against the phosphospecific amino acid, are important tools to explore the activation of serine, threonine or tyrosine containing proteins. An aberrant protein phosphorylation is a hallmark of human disease, and the enzymes, particularly protein kinases, which control protein phosphorylation are recognized as a major new drug target family.
- phospho-Ser antibody
- pS antibody
- pSER antibody
All lanes : Anti-Phosphoserine antibody (ab9332) at 3 µg/ml (in PBS for 16 hours)
All lanes : Whole cell lysate of monkey COS7 cells
Lysates/proteins at 25 µg per lane.
All lanes : An HRP-conjugated Pig anti-rabbit IgG polyclonal at 1/3000 dilution
Blocking Step: 10% Milk for 1 hour at room temperature
Western blotting of a melanoma cell lysate with anti-phosphoserine antibodies
The detected band is 53 kD, and is a similar size to the p53 tumor suppressor factor.
The cells were treated with 0, 50, 200 or 400 J UV (lane A to D, respectively) and with 0.1uM of okadaic acid(lane E). Actin level was measured as an internal standard of cell protein.Western blotting of a melanoma cell lysate with anti-phosphoserine antibodies. The detected band is 53 kD, and is a similar size to the p53 tumor suppressor factor. The cells were treated with 0, 50, 200 or 400 J UV (lane A to D, respectively) and with 0.1uM of okadaic acid (lane E). Actin level was measured as an internal standard of cell protein.
ab9332 has been referenced in 88 publications.
- Zhang S et al. The Roles of GSK-3ß in Regulation of Retinoid Signaling and Sorafenib Treatment Response in Hepatocellular Carcinoma. Theranostics 10:1230-1244 (2020). PubMed: 31938062
- Bordoni M et al. Nuclear Phospho-SOD1 Protects DNA from Oxidative Stress Damage in Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis. J Clin Med 8:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31121901
- Li B et al. Corosolic acid impairs human lung adenocarcinoma A549 cells proliferation by inhibiting cell migration. Oncol Lett 17:5747-5753 (2019). PubMed: 31186800
- Lauenstein JU et al. Phosphorylation of the multifunctional signal transducer B-cell adaptor protein (BCAP) promotes recruitment of multiple SH2/SH3 proteins including GRB2. J Biol Chem 294:19852-19861 (2019). PubMed: 31527084
- Lu Y et al. A cAbl-MRTF-A Feedback Loop Contributes to Hepatic Stellate Cell Activation. Front Cell Dev Biol 7:243 (2019). PubMed: 31681772