Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Phosphoserine (Biotin)
- Suitable for: WB, IP, ELISA
- Reacts with: Species independent
- Conjugation: Biotin
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Phosphoserine antibody (Biotin)
See all Phosphoserine primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Phosphoserine (Biotin)
SpecificitySpecifically recognizes both free-phosphoserine, serine-phosphorylated peptide and proteins. Does not cross-react with ATP, phosphotyrosine, peptidyl phosphothreonine and serine. Slight cross-reactivity with free phosphothreonine. Readily reacts to known phosphoproteins such as phosvitin and alpha casein.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IP, ELISAmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Species independent
BSA and KLH-phosphoserine conjugates.
- Use Mouse brain extract for Western Blotting or synthetic phosphopeptide or phosvitin for ELISA.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Purification notesImmunoaffinity chromatography with phosphoserine-agarose.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab9335 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 4 µg/ml. Do not use milk as a blocking agent or in diluents, as milk casein is phosphorylated at several serine residues. BSA is recommended instead.|
|IP||Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|ELISA||Use a concentration of 0.5 µg/ml.|
RelevanceChanges in the serine/threonine phosphorylation state of a protein in response to various external stimuli can have profound effects on cellular signal transduction, apoptosis and carcinogenesis. The reagents, including phosphorylated protein/peptides, antibodies against the phosphospecific amino acid, are important tools to explore the activation of serine, threonine or tyrosine containing proteins. An aberrant protein phosphorylation is a hallmark of human disease, and the enzymes, particularly protein kinases, which control protein phosphorylation are recognized as a major new drug target family.
- phospho-Ser antibody
- pS antibody
- pSER antibody
Western blotting of a melanoma cell lysate with anti-phosphoserine antibodies
The detected band is 53 kD, and is a similar size to the p53 tumor suppressor factor.
The cells were treated with 0, 50, 200 or 400 J UV (lane A to D, respectively) and with 0.1uM of okadaic acid(lane E). Actin level was measured as an internal standard of cell protein.Western blotting of a melanoma cell lysate with anti-phosphoserine antibodies. The detected band is 53 kD, and is a similar size to the p53 tumor suppressor factor. The cells were treated with 0, 50, 200 or 400 J UV (lane A to D, respectively) and with 0.1uM of okadaic acid (lane E). Actin level was measured as an internal standard of cell protein.
ab9335 has been referenced in 3 publications.
- Zhang C et al. Nuclear accumulation of symplekin promotes cellular proliferation and dedifferentiation in an ERK1/2-dependent manner. Sci Rep 7:3769 (2017). WB ; Human . PubMed: 28630428
- Granovski V et al. Humoral Immune Response in Mice Elicited by Combined Yeast-Derived Hepatitis B Virus Core, Surface, and Mosaic Surface Antigens. Intervirology 60:90-101 (2017). PubMed: 28957812
- Phillips JE et al. Glucocorticoid-induced osteogenesis is negatively regulated by Runx2/Cbfa1 serine phosphorylation. J Cell Sci 119:581-91 (2006). WB . PubMed: 16443755