Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Rabbit monoclonal [EP380Y] to PI 3 Kinase p85 alpha
- Suitable for: WB
- Knockout validated
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Product nameAnti-PI 3 Kinase p85 alpha antibody [EP380Y]
See all PI 3 Kinase p85 alpha primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EP380Y] to PI 3 Kinase p85 alpha
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide within Human PI 3 Kinase p85 alpha aa 700-800 (C terminal). The exact sequence is proprietary.
- A431, MCF7 or Raji cells lysate, HeLa cells
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Constituents: 40% Glycerol, 9.85% Tris glycine, 50% Tissue culture supernatant
Concentration information loading...
PurityTissue culture supernatant
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab40755 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/1000 - 1/2000. Detects a band of approximately 85 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 85 kDa).|
FunctionBinds to activated (phosphorylated) protein-Tyr kinases, through its SH2 domain, and acts as an adapter, mediating the association of the p110 catalytic unit to the plasma membrane. Necessary for the insulin-stimulated increase in glucose uptake and glycogen synthesis in insulin-sensitive tissues.
Tissue specificityIsoform 2 is expressed in skeletal muscle and brain, and at lower levels in kidney and cardiac muscle. Isoform 2 and isoform 4 are present in skeletal muscle (at protein level).
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the PI3K p85 subunit family.
Contains 1 Rho-GAP domain.
Contains 2 SH2 domains.
Contains 1 SH3 domain.
DomainThe SH3 domain mediates the binding to CBLB, and to HIV-1 Nef.
modificationsPolyubiquitinated in T-cells by CBLB; which does not promote proteasomal degradation but impairs association with CD28 and CD3Z upon T-cell activation.
Phosphorylated. Dephosphorylated by PTPRJ.
- Information by UniProt
- GRB1 antibody
- p85 alpha antibody
- p85 antibody
Lane 1: Wild-type HAP1 cell lysate (20 µg)
Lane 2: PI 3 Kinase p85 alpha knockout HAP1 cell lysate (20 µg)
Lane 3: Jurkat cell lysate (20 µg)
Lane 4: THP1 cell lysate (20 µg)
Lanes 1 - 4: Merged signal (red and green). Green - ab40755 observed at 90 kDa. Red - loading control, ab181602, observed at 37 kDa.
ab40755 was shown to recognize PI 3 Kinase p85 alpha in wild-type HAP1 cells along with additional cross-reactive bands. No Band was observed when PI 3 Kinase p85 alpha knockout samples were examined. Wild-type and PI 3 Kinase p85 alpha knockout samples were subjected to SDS-PAGE. ab40755 and ab181602 (loading control to GAPDH) were diluted 1/1000 and 1/2000 respectively and incubated overnight at 4°C. Blots were developed with Goat anti-Rabbit IgG H&L (IRDye® 800CW) preadsorbed (ab216773) and Goat anti-Mouse IgG H&L (IRDye® 680RD) preadsorbed (ab216776) secondary antibodies at 1/10,000 dilution for 1 hour at room temperature before imaging.
All lanes : Anti-PI 3 Kinase p85 alpha antibody [EP380Y] (ab40755) at 1/2000 dilution
Lane 1 : A431 cells
Lane 2 : MCF-7 cells
Lane 3 : Raji cells
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
Predicted band size: 85 kDa
Observed band size: 85 kDa
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab40755 has been referenced in 25 publications.
- Zhang Y et al. Chinese Herbal Medicine Wenxia Changfu Formula Reverses Cell Adhesion-Mediated Drug Resistance via the Integrin ß1-PI3K-AKT Pathway in Lung Cancer. J Cancer 10:293-304 (2019). PubMed: 30719123
- Zheng J et al. Directed self-assembly of herbal small molecules into sustained release hydrogels for treating neural inflammation. Nat Commun 10:1604 (2019). PubMed: 30962431
- Jia L et al. Shikonin inhibits proliferation, migration, invasion and promotes apoptosis in NCI-N87 cells via inhibition of PI3K/AKT signal pathway. Artif Cells Nanomed Biotechnol 47:2662-2669 (2019). PubMed: 31257936
- Lu R et al. Inhibition of CD133 Overcomes Cisplatin Resistance Through Inhibiting PI3K/AKT/mTOR Signaling Pathway and Autophagy in CD133-Positive Gastric Cancer Cells. Technol Cancer Res Treat 18:1533033819864311 (2019). PubMed: 31405336
- Xie X et al. Angelica polysaccharide promotes proliferation and osteoblast differentiation of mesenchymal stem cells by regulation of long non-coding RNA H19: An animal study. Bone Joint Res 8:323-332 (2019). PubMed: 31463041