Product nameAnti-PI 3 Kinase p85 alpha + Gamma antibody
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to PI 3 Kinase p85 alpha + Gamma
SpecificityPI3 kinase p85 alpha and gamma.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, ELISA, IHC-P, ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic non-phosphopeptide derived from human PI 3 Kinase p85 alpha around the phosphorylation site of tyrosine 468 (R-L-YP-E-E).
- Extracts from COS7 cells treated with H2O2 (100µM, 30mins). HeLa cells. Human breast carcinoma tissue.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, 0.87% Sodium chloride, PBS
Without Mg2+ and Ca2+
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab74136 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/500 - 1/1000. Predicted molecular weight: 84 kDa.|
|IHC-P||1/50 - 1/100.|
RelevanceThe enzyme phosphatidylinositol 3 kinase (PI3 kinase) is a lipid kinase that generates phosphatidylinositol 3, 4, 5-triphosphate in response to receptor activation in many signal transduction pathways. Class IA PI3Ks exist as a heterodimer of a catalytic 110 kDa (p110) and a regulatory p85 subunit (e.g. p85 alpha). p85 alpha is an adaptor molecule that regulates the activity of the catalytic p110 subunit by binding to phosphorylated receptor tyrosine kinases (RTKs) through its SH2 domain and mediating the interaction between p110 and the plasma membrane. p85 alpha is necessary for insulin-stimulated increase in glucose uptake and glycogen synthesis in insulin-sensitive tissues.
- GRB1 antibody
- p55 antibody
- p55 GAMMA antibody
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human breast carcinoma tissue using ab74136, at 1/50 dilution, in the presence (right panel) or absence (left panel) of immunising peptide.
Immunofluorescence analysis of HeLa cells using ab74136, at 1/500 dilution, in the presence (right panel) or absence (left panel) of immunising peptide.
All lanes : Anti-PI 3 Kinase p85 alpha + Gamma antibody (ab74136) at 1/500 dilution
Lane 1 : Extracts from COS7 cells, treated
with H2O2 (100µM, 30mins)
Lane 2 : Extracts from COS7 cells, treated
with H2O2 (100µM, 30mins) with immunising peptide at 5 µg
Lysates/proteins at 5 µg per lane.
Predicted band size: 84 kDa
Observed band size: 84 kDa
Additional bands at: 70 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
ab74136 at 1/200 dilution staining PI 3 Kinase p85 alpha + Gamma in mouse embryonic stem cells by Immunocytochemistry/ Immunofluorescence. Cells were fixed in paraformaldehyde, permeabilized in 1:1 methanol, acetone and blocked in 1% serum for 30 minutes at 25°C. The primary antibody was used at 1/100 dilution in Goat block dillution buffer and incubated with sample at 25°C for 1 hours. An Alexa Fluor® 488 conjugated Goat polyclonal to rabbit IgG (H+L) was used as secondary at 1/500 dilution.
ab74136 has been referenced in 8 publications.
- Xie L et al. Inhibiting the PI3K/AKT/NF-?B signal pathway with nobiletin for attenuating the development of osteoarthritis: in vitro and in vivo studies. Food Funct 10:2161-2175 (2019). PubMed: 30938722
- Song W et al. Edoxaban improves venous thrombosis via increasing hydrogen sulfide and homocysteine in rat model. Mol Med Rep 16:7706-7714 (2017). PubMed: 28944880
- Wang P et al. Curcumin regulates insulin pathways and glucose metabolism in the brains of APPswe/PS1dE9 mice. Int J Immunopathol Pharmacol 30:25-43 (2017). PubMed: 28124574
- Saha S et al. Mangiferin attenuates oxidative stress induced renal cell damage through activation of PI3K induced Akt and Nrf-2 mediated signaling pathways. Biochem Biophys Rep 5:313-327 (2016). PubMed: 28955838
- Feng HL et al. Curcumin ameliorates insulin signalling pathway in brain of Alzheimer's disease transgenic mice. Int J Immunopathol Pharmacol 29:734-741 (2016). PubMed: 27466310
- Bhattacharyya S et al. Amelioration of aspirin induced oxidative impairment and apoptotic cell death by a novel antioxidant protein molecule isolated from the herb Phyllanthus niruri. PLoS One 9:e89026 (2014). Mouse . PubMed: 24586486
- Tural D et al. Clinical significance of p95HER2 overexpression, PTEN loss and PI3K expression in p185HER2-positive metastatic breast cancer patients treated with trastuzumab-based therapies. Br J Cancer 110:1968-76 (2014). Human . PubMed: 24595002
- Han JW et al. Impaired PI3K/Akt signal pathway and hepatocellular injury in high-fat fed rats. World J Gastroenterol 16:6111-8 (2010). WB ; Rat . PubMed: 21182226