Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to PI 3 Kinase p85 beta (phospho Y464)
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-PI 3 Kinase p85 beta (phospho Y464) antibody
See all PI 3 Kinase p85 beta primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to PI 3 Kinase p85 beta (phospho Y464)
Specificityab138364 detects endogenous levels of PI 3 Kinase p85 beta only when phosphorylated at Tyrosine 464.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat
Synthetic phosphopeptide derived from an internal region of Human PI 3 Kinase p85 beta around the phosphorylation site of Tyrosine 464.
- Jurkat cell extract.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: 49% PBS, 50% Glycerol, 0.88% Sodium chloride
PBS is without Mg2+ and Ca2+
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Purification notesab138364 was affinity-purified from rabbit antiserum by affinity-chromatography using epitope-specific phosphopeptide. The antibody against non-phosphopeptide was removed by chromatography using non-phosphopeptide corresponding to the phosphorylation.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab138364 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/500 - 1/1000. Predicted molecular weight: 81 kDa.|
FunctionRegulatory subunit of phosphoinositide-3-kinase (PI3K), a kinase that phosphorylates PtdIns(4,5)P2 (Phosphatidylinositol 4,5-bisphosphate) to generate phosphatidylinositol 3,4,5-trisphosphate (PIP3). PIP3 plays a key role by recruiting PH domain-containing proteins to the membrane, including AKT1 and PDPK1, activating signaling cascades involved in cell growth, survival, proliferation, motility and morphology. Binds to activated (phosphorylated) protein-tyrosine kinases, through its SH2 domain, and acts as an adapter, mediating the association of the p110 catalytic unit to the plasma membrane. Indirectly regulates autophagy (PubMed:23604317). Promotes nuclear translocation of XBP1 isoform 2 in a ER stress- and/or insulin-dependent manner during metabolic overloading in the liver and hence plays a role in glucose tolerance improvement.
Involvement in diseaseMegalencephaly-polymicrogyria-polydactyly-hydrocephalus syndrome 1
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the PI3K p85 subunit family.
Contains 1 Rho-GAP domain.
Contains 2 SH2 domains.
Contains 1 SH3 domain.
DomainThe SH2 2 domain is required for interaction with FBXL2 and PTPN13.
modificationsPhosphorylated in response to signaling from activated receptor-type protein kinases (PubMed:19690332, PubMed:20068231). Dephosphorylated by PTPRJ (PubMed:18348712). Dephosphorylated at Tyr-655 by PTPN13. Phosphorylation of Tyr-655 impairs while its dephosphorylation promotes interaction with FBXL2 and SCF(FBXL2)-mediated polyubiquitination (PubMed:23604317).
Ubiquitinated. Polyubiquitination by the SCF(FBXL2) complex probably promotes proteasomal degradation of PIK3R2.
- Information by UniProt
- p85 antibody
- p85 beta antibody
- P85B antibody
ab138364 has been referenced in 13 publications.
- Shan H et al. MicroRNA-214 suppresses the viability, migration and invasion of human colorectal carcinoma cells via targeting transglutaminase 2. Mol Med Rep 20:1459-1467 (2019). PubMed: 31173203
- Hao P et al. UBE2T promotes proliferation and regulates PI3K/Akt signaling in renal cell carcinoma. Mol Med Rep 20:1212-1220 (2019). PubMed: 31173226
- Yang J et al. Decreased IL-6 induces sensitivity of hepatocellular carcinoma cells to sorafenib. Pathol Res Pract 215:152565 (2019). PubMed: 31387809
- Ren C et al. The circular RNA circ-ITCH acts as a tumour suppressor in osteosarcoma via regulating miR-22. Artif Cells Nanomed Biotechnol 47:3359-3367 (2019). PubMed: 31387405
- Xu J et al. Knockdown of serpin peptidase inhibitor clade C member 1 inhibits the growth of nasopharyngeal carcinoma cells. Mol Med Rep 19:3658-3666 (2019). PubMed: 30896875