Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to PIAS3
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Mouse, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-PIAS3 antibody
See all PIAS3 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to PIAS3
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Predicted to work with: Rat, Cow, Dog
- HepG2 cell lysate.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.09% Sodium azide
Constituents: 2% Sucrose, PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab22856 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 - 2 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 68 kDa. Good results were obtained when blocked with 5% non-fat dry milk in 0.05% PBS-T.|
|IHC-P||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
FunctionFunctions as an E3-type small ubiquitin-like modifier (SUMO) ligase, stabilizing the interaction between UBE2I and the substrate, and as a SUMO-tethering factor. Plays a crucial role as a transcriptional coregulation in various cellular pathways, including the STAT pathway and the steroid hormone signaling pathway. Involved in regulating STAT3 signaling via inhibiting STAT3 DNA-binding and suppressing cell growth. Enhances the sumoylation of MTA1 and may participate in its paralog-selective sumoylation (PubMed:21965678, PubMed:9388184). Sumoylates CCAR2 which promotes its interaction with SIRT1 (PubMed:25406032). Diminishes the sumoylation of ZFHX3 by preventing the colocalization of ZFHX3 with SUMO1 in the nucleus (PubMed:24651376).
Tissue specificityWidely expressed.
PathwayProtein modification; protein sumoylation.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the PIAS family.
Contains 1 PINIT domain.
Contains 1 SAP domain.
Contains 1 SP-RING-type zinc finger.
DomainThe PINIT domain of PIAS3 is required for STAT3-PIAS3 interaction and for transloaction to the nucleus.
The LXXLL motif is a transcriptional coregulator signature.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Nucleus. Nucleus speckle. Colocalizes with MITF in the nucleus. Colocalizes with GFI1 in nuclear dots. Colocalizes with SUMO1 in nuclear granules.
- Information by UniProt
- E3 SUMO protein ligase PIAS 3 antibody
- E3 SUMO protein ligase PIAS3 antibody
- E3 SUMO-protein ligase PIAS3 antibody
Anti-PIAS3 antibody (ab22856) at 0.004 µg/ml + HepG2 cell lysate
HRP conjugated anti-Rabbit IgG should be diluted in 1/50,000 - 100,000
Performed under reducing conditions.
Observed band size: 68 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
ab22856, at a 1/125-250 dilution, staining human PIAS3 in human liver by Immunohistochemistry, Paraffin embedded tissue. Positive stained hepatocytes indicated by arrows. Magnification 400 x.
ab22856 has been referenced in 8 publications.
- Qu D et al. miR-199a-5p promotes proliferation and metastasis and epithelial-mesenchymal transition through targeting PIAS3 in cervical carcinoma. J Cell Biochem N/A:N/A (2019). PubMed: 30937952
- Wang S et al. YB1 protects cardiac myocytes against H2O2-induced injury via suppression of PIAS3 mRNA and phosphorylation of STAT3. Mol Med Rep 19:4579-4588 (2019). PubMed: 30942400
- Yoo JY et al. Protein Inhibitor of Activated STAT3 (PIAS3) Is Down-Regulated in Eutopic Endometrium of Women with Endometriosis. Biol Reprod 95:11 (2016). PubMed: 27226311
- Campia I et al. An Autocrine Cytokine/JAK/STAT-Signaling Induces Kynurenine Synthesis in Multidrug Resistant Human Cancer Cells. PLoS One 10:e0126159 (2015). WB . PubMed: 25955018
- Izumi K et al. Targeting the androgen receptor with siRNA promotes prostate cancer metastasis through enhanced macrophage recruitment via CCL2/CCR2-induced STAT3 activation. EMBO Mol Med 5:1383-401 (2013). PubMed: 23982944
- Sundvall M et al. Protein Inhibitor of Activated STAT3 (PIAS3) Protein Promotes SUMOylation and Nuclear Sequestration of the Intracellular Domain of ErbB4 Protein. J Biol Chem 287:23216-26 (2012). ICC/IF . PubMed: 22584572
- Borghouts C et al. The intracellular delivery of a recombinant peptide derived from the acidic domain of PIAS3 inhibits STAT3 transactivation and induces tumor cell death. Mol Cancer Res 8:539-53 (2010). WB ; Mouse . PubMed: 20371673
- Lyst MJ et al. Regulation of MBD1-mediated transcriptional repression by SUMO and PIAS proteins. EMBO J 25:5317-28 (2006). WB ; Human . PubMed: 17066076