Product namePicro-Sirius Red Solution
Picro-Sirius Red Solution ab246832 is intended for use in the histological visualization of muscle and collagen fibers in tissue sections. The stain may be viewed using standard light microscopy or polarized light resulting in birefringence of collagen fibers. Please refer to ab150681 Picro Sirius Red Stain Kit (Connective Tissue Stain) for more information on this solution as it is a component of the kit.
Muscle Fibers: Yellow
Polarized Light Microscopy
Collagen: Yellow-Orange and Green Birefringence
Control Tissues: Lung, Uterus, Muscle, Kidney
1. Deparaffinize sections if necessary and hydrate to distilled water.
2. Apply adequate Picro-Sirius Red Solution to completely cover tissue section and incubate for 60 minutes.
3. Rinse slide quickly in two changes of Acetic Acid Solution (0.5%).
4. Rinse slide using absolute alcohol.
5. Dehydrate in 2 changes of absolute alcohol, clear, and mount in synthetic resin.
Other products for staining tissue sections
Find more kits and reagents in the special stains guide, or products for antigen retrieval, blocking, signal amplification, visualization, counterstaining, and mounting in the IHC kits and reagents guide.
Storage instructionsShipped at Room Temperature. Store at Room Temperature.
Storage bufferpH: 1
Constituents: 1.2% Picric Acid, 0.1% Direct Red 80
Concentration information loading...
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab246832 has been referenced in 1 publication.
- Dewhurst MR et al. Loss of hepatocyte cell division leads to liver inflammation and fibrosis. PLoS Genet 16:e1009084 (2020). PubMed: 33147210