Product namePicrotoxin, GABAA antagonist
5g pack supplied as 5x1g
Chemical name1:1 mixture of picrotoxinin and picrotin
Storage instructionsStore at Room Temperature. The product can be stored for up to 12 months.
Solubility overviewSoluble in DMSO to 100 mM and in ethanol to 50 mM (with heating)
Wherever possible, you should prepare and use solutions on the same day. However, if you need to make up stock solutions in advance, we recommend that you store the solution as aliquots in tightly sealed vials at -20°C. Generally, these will be useable for up to one month. Before use, and prior to opening the vial we recommend that you allow your product to equilibrate to room temperature for at least 1 hour.
Toxic, refer to SDS for further information.
Need more advice on solubility, usage and handling? Please visit our frequently asked questions (FAQ) page for more details.
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab120315 has been referenced in 51 publications.
- Weyrer C et al. The Role of CaV2.1 Channel Facilitation in Synaptic Facilitation. Cell Rep 26:2289-2297.e3 (2019). PubMed: 30811980
- Dorgans K et al. Short-term plasticity at cerebellar granule cell to molecular layer interneuron synapses expands information processing. Elife 8:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31081751
- Meijer M et al. A Single-Cell Model for Synaptic Transmission and Plasticity in Human iPSC-Derived Neurons. Cell Rep 27:2199-2211.e6 (2019). PubMed: 31091456
- Vaden JH et al. The readily-releasable pool dynamically regulates multivesicular release. Elife 8:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31364987
- Fang C et al. Prions activate a p38 MAPK synaptotoxic signaling pathway. PLoS Pathog 14:e1007283 (2018). PubMed: 30235355