Key features and details
- Sensitivity: 20 pg/ml
- Range: 0.049 ng/ml - 10 ng/ml
- Sample type: Cell culture supernatant, Plasma, Serum
- Detection method: Colorimetric
- Assay type: Sandwich (quantitative)
- Reacts with: Pig
Product namePig TNF alpha ELISA Kit
See all TNF alpha kits
Sample typeCell culture supernatant, Serum, Plasma
Assay typeSandwich (quantitative)
Sensitivity< 20 pg/ml
Range0.049 ng/ml - 10 ng/ml
Sample specific recovery Sample type Average % Range Cell culture supernatant 132.1 123% - 142% Serum 111.7 102% - 121% Plasma 97.02 70% - 126%
Assay durationMultiple steps standard assay
Species reactivityReacts with: Pig
Abcam’s TNF alpha Pig ELISA (Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay) kit is an in vitro enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay for the quantitative measurement of Pig TNF-alpha in serum, plasma and cell culture supernatants.
This assay employs an antibody specific for Pig TNF alpha coated on a 96-well plate. Standards and samples are pipetted into the wells and TNF alpha present in a sample is bound to the wells by the immobilized antibody. The wells are washed and biotinylated anti-Pig TNF alpha antibody is added. After washing away unbound biotinylated antibody, HRP-conjugated streptavidin is pipetted to the wells. The wells are again washed, a TMB substrate solution is added to the wells and color develops in proportion to the amount of TNF alpha bound. The Stop Solution changes the color from blue to yellow, and the intensity of the color is measured at 450 nm.
Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 1 x 96 tests 20X Wash Buffer Concentrate 1 x 25ml 5X Assay Diluent B 1 x 15ml 600X HRP-Streptavidin Concentrate 1 x 200µl Assay Diluent C 1 x 30ml Biotinylated anti-Pig TNF alpha 2 vials Recombinant Pig TNF alpha Standard (lyophilized) 2 vials Stop Solution 1 x 8ml TMB One-Step Substrate Reagent 1 x 12ml TNF alpha Microplate (12 x 8 wells) 1 unit
FunctionCytokine that binds to TNFRSF1A/TNFR1 and TNFRSF1B/TNFBR. It is mainly secreted by macrophages and can induce cell death of certain tumor cell lines. It is potent pyrogen causing fever by direct action or by stimulation of interleukin-1 secretion and is implicated in the induction of cachexia, Under certain conditions it can stimulate cell proliferation and induce cell differentiation.
Involvement in diseaseGenetic variations in TNF are a cause of susceptibility psoriatic arthritis (PSORAS) [MIM:607507]. PSORAS is an inflammatory, seronegative arthritis associated with psoriasis. It is a heterogeneous disorder ranging from a mild, non-destructive disease to a severe, progressive, erosive arthropathy. Five types of psoriatic arthritis have been defined: asymmetrical oligoarthritis characterized by primary involvement of the small joints of the fingers or toes; asymmetrical arthritis which involves the joints of the extremities; symmetrical polyarthritis characterized by a rheumatoidlike pattern that can involve hands, wrists, ankles, and feet; arthritis mutilans, which is a rare but deforming and destructive condition; arthritis of the sacroiliac joints and spine (psoriatic spondylitis).
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the tumor necrosis factor family.
modificationsThe soluble form derives from the membrane form by proteolytic processing.
The membrane form, but not the soluble form, is phosphorylated on serine residues. Dephosphorylation of the membrane form occurs by binding to soluble TNFRSF1A/TNFR1.
O-glycosylated; glycans contain galactose, N-acetylgalactosamine and N-acetylneuraminic acid.
Cellular localizationSecreted and Cell membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- APC1 protein
ab100756 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Zhang ZB et al. Normothermic Machine Perfusion Protects Against Liver Ischemia-Reperfusion Injury During Reduced-Size Liver Transplantation in Pigs. Ann Transplant 24:9-17 (2019). PubMed: 30607000
- Adams S et al. Effects of pulverized oyster mushroom (Pleurotus ostreatus) on diarrhea incidence, growth performance, immunity, and microbial composition in piglets. J Sci Food Agric 99:3616-3627 (2019). PubMed: 30628086
- Huang HN et al. Epinecidin-1 Protects against Methicillin Resistant Staphylococcus aureus Infection and Sepsis in Pyemia Pigs. Mar Drugs 17:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31835381
- Xu M et al. Anti-CD47 monoclonal antibody therapy reduces ischemia-reperfusion injury of renal allografts in a porcine model of donation after cardiac death. Am J Transplant 18:855-867 (2018). PubMed: 29087049