Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Rabbit monoclonal [EPR11275(B)] to PIGS
- Suitable for: WB, IP
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Product nameAnti-PIGS antibody [EPR11275(B)]
See all PIGS primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EPR11275(B)] to PIGS
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IPmore details
Unsuitable for: Flow Cyt,ICC/IF or IHC-P
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide (the amino acid sequence is considered to be commercially sensitive) corresponding to residues in Human PIGS was used as an immunogen (UniProt ID Q96S52).
- PC-3, fetal liver, HeLa and A431 lysates; Immunoprecipitation pellet from HeLa whole cell lysate (ab150035)
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Constituents: 9% PBS, 40% Glycerol, 0.05% BSA, 50% Tissue culture supernatant
Concentration information loading...
PurityTissue culture supernatant
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab157211 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/1000 - 1/10000. Predicted molecular weight: 62 kDa.|
|IP||1/10 - 1/100.|
FunctionComponent of the GPI transamidase complex. Essential for transfer of GPI to proteins, particularly for formation of carbonyl intermediates.
PathwayGlycolipid biosynthesis; glycosylphosphatidylinositol-anchor biosynthesis.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the PIGS family.
Cellular localizationEndoplasmic reticulum membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- DKFZp686K20216 antibody
- FLJ45226 antibody
- GPI transamidase component PIG-S antibody
All lanes : Anti-PIGS antibody [EPR11275(B)] (ab157211) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 : PC-3 cell lysate
Lane 2 : Fetal liver cell lysate
Lane 3 : HeLa cell lysate
Lane 4 : A431 cell lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
Predicted band size: 62 kDa
Immunoprecipitation analysis of pellet from HeLa cell lysate labeling PIGS using ab157211 at 1/10 dilution.
Anti-PIGS antibody [EPR11275(B)] (ab157211) at 1/1000 dilution + Immunoprecipitation pellet from HeLa cell lysat at 10 µg
ab157211 has been referenced in 1 publication.
- Yao TH et al. Propranolol induces hemangioma endothelial cell apoptosis via a p53-BAX mediated pathway. Mol Med Rep 18:684-694 (2018). PubMed: 29767244