Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Rabbit monoclonal [EP1479Y] to Pin1
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Product nameAnti-Pin1 antibody [EP1479Y]
See all Pin1 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EP1479Y] to Pin1
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Unsuitable for: Flow Cyt,ICC/IF,IHC-P or IP
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
within Human Pin1 aa 50-150 (N terminal). The exact sequence is proprietary.
- WB: HeLa, HEK-293, Mouse brain and Rat brain lysates
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
We are constantly working hard to ensure we provide our customers with best in class antibodies. As a result of this work we are pleased to now offer this antibody in purified format. We are in the process of updating our datasheets. The purified format is designated 'PUR' on our product labels. If you have any questions regarding this update, please contact our Scientific Support team.
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Constituents: 59% PBS, 40% Glycerol (glycerin, glycerine), 0.05% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab76309 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/1000. Detects a band of approximately 18 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 18 kDa).
For unpurified use at 1/500
FunctionEssential PPIase that regulates mitosis presumably by interacting with NIMA and attenuating its mitosis-promoting activity. Displays a preference for an acidic residue N-terminal to the isomerized proline bond. Catalyzing pSer/Thr-Pro cis/trans isomerizations.
Sequence similaritiesContains 1 PpiC domain.
Contains 1 WW domain.
DomainThe WW domain is required for the interaction with STIL and KIF20B.
modificationsPhosphorylated upon DNA damage, probably by ATM or ATR.
- Information by UniProt
- DOD antibody
- DODO, Drosophila, homolog of antibody
- FLJ40239 antibody
All lanes : Anti-Pin1 antibody [EP1479Y] (ab76309) at 1/1000 dilution (Purified)
Lane 1 : HeLa (Human cervix adenocarcinoma epithelial cell) whole cell lysates
Lane 2 : HEK-293 (Human epithelial cell line from embryonic kidney) whole cell lysates
Lane 3 : Mouse brain lysates
Lane 4 : Rat brain lysates
Lysates/proteins at 20 µg per lane.
All lanes : Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG H&L (HRP) (ab97051) at 1/20000 dilution
Predicted band size: 18 kDa
Observed band size: 18 kDa
Anti-Pin1 antibody [EP1479Y] (ab76309) at 1/500 dilution + HEK-293 cell lysate at 10 µg
HRP labeled goat anti-rabbit at 1/2000 dilution
Predicted band size: 18 kDa
Observed band size: 18 kDa
ab76309 has been referenced in 6 publications.
- Nechama M et al. The IL-33-PIN1-IRAK-M axis is critical for type 2 immunity in IL-33-induced allergic airway inflammation. Nat Commun 9:1603 (2018). PubMed: 29686383
- Xu T et al. Loss of Pin1 Suppresses Hedgehog-Driven Medulloblastoma Tumorigenesis. Neoplasia 19:216-225 (2017). PubMed: 28167297
- Ezratty EJ et al. A Presenilin-2-ARF4 trafficking axis modulates Notch signaling during epidermal differentiation. J Cell Biol 214:89-101 (2016). PubMed: 27354375
- Guito J et al. The cellular peptidyl-prolyl cis/trans isomerase Pin1 regulates reactivation of Kaposi's sarcoma-associated herpesvirus from latency. J Virol 88:547-58 (2014). IP . PubMed: 24173213
- Ma SL et al. Prolyl isomerase Pin1 promotes amyloid precursor protein (APP) turnover by inhibiting glycogen synthase kinase-3ß (GSK3ß) activity: novel mechanism for Pin1 to protect against Alzheimer disease. J Biol Chem 287:6969-73 (2012). IP ; Human . PubMed: 22184106
- Krishnan N et al. The prolyl isomerase Pin1 targets stem-loop binding protein (SLBP) to dissociate the SLBP-histone mRNA complex linking histone mRNA decay with SLBP ubiquitination. Mol Cell Biol 32:4306-22 (2012). PubMed: 22907757