Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal to PIP2
- Suitable for: ICC/IF
- Isotype: IgG2b
Product nameAnti-PIP2 antibody
See all PIP2 primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal to PIP2
SpecificityThis antibody cross reacts with Phosphatidic acid (<5.0%).
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ICC/IFmore details
Phosphatidylinositol-4,5-biphosphate (PIP2) from bovine spinal cord
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.1% Sodium azide
Constituents: PBS, 10% Fetal calf serum
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab2335 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||Use at an assay dependent concentration.
TBS buffer is ideal.
RelevancePhosphatidylinositol 4,5-biphosphate (PIP2) is a membrane phospholipid that has been implicated in a variety of cellular processes, including synaptic vesicle recycling and signal transduction pathways. PLCD4 hydrolyzes PIP2 to generate 2 second messenger molecules diacylglycerol (DAG) and inositol 1,4,5-trisphosphate (IP3).
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab2335 has been referenced in 9 publications.
- Suzuki H et al. Regulation of MC3T3-E1 differentiation by actin cytoskeleton through lipid mediators reflecting the cell differentiation stage. Biochem Biophys Res Commun 514:393-400 (2019). PubMed: 31047639
- Roman-Garcia S et al. Distinct Roles for Bruton's Tyrosine Kinase in B Cell Immune Synapse Formation. Front Immunol 9:2027 (2018). PubMed: 30237801
- Mkrtschjan MA et al. Lipid signaling affects primary fibroblast collective migration and anchorage in response to stiffness and microtopography. J Cell Physiol 233:3672-3683 (2018). PubMed: 29034471
- Wahl S et al. The Disease Protein Tulp1 Is Essential for Periactive Zone Endocytosis in Photoreceptor Ribbon Synapses. J Neurosci 36:2473-93 (2016). PubMed: 26911694
- Aoun J et al. Anoctamin 6 Contributes to Cl- Secretion in Accessory Cholera Enterotoxin (Ace)-stimulated Diarrhea: AN ESSENTIAL ROLE FOR PHOSPHATIDYLINOSITOL 4,5-BISPHOSPHATE (PIP2) SIGNALING IN CHOLERA. J Biol Chem 291:26816-26836 (2016). PubMed: 27799301
- Li J et al. Actin dynamics is rapidly regulated by the PTEN and PIP2 signaling pathways leading to myocyte hypertrophy. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 307:H1618-25 (2014). PubMed: 25260617
- Brzeska H et al. Molecular basis of dynamic relocalization of Dictyostelium myosin IB. J Biol Chem 287:14923-36 (2012). ICC/IF . PubMed: 22367211
- Goldston AM et al. Exposure to host ligands correlates with colocalization of Gal/GalNAc lectin subunits in lipid rafts and phosphatidylinositol (4,5)-bisphosphate signaling in Entamoeba histolytica. Eukaryot Cell 11:743-51 (2012). PubMed: 22505337
- Ehrlich LS et al. Activation of the inositol (1,4,5)-triphosphate calcium gate receptor is required for HIV-1 Gag release. J Virol 84:6438-51 (2010). PubMed: 20427533