Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to PITX1/BFT
- Suitable for: WB, IP
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-PITX1/BFT antibody
See all PITX1/BFT primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to PITX1/BFT
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IPmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Cow, Chimpanzee, Gorilla, Orangutan, Elephant
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Human PITX1/BFT (N terminal).
Database link: NP_002644.3
- HeLa whole cell lysate (ab150035)
This product was previously labelled as PITX1
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.09% Sodium azide
Constituents: 1.815% Tris, 1.764% Sodium citrate, 0.021% PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab70273 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/2500 - 1/10000. Detects a band of approximately 40 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 34 kDa).|
|IP||Use at 1-4 µg/mg of lysate.|
FunctionMay play a role in the development of anterior structures, and in particular, the brain and facies and in specifying the identity or structure of hindlimb.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in PITX1 are a cause of congenital clubfoot (CCF) [MIM:119800]; also known as talipes equinovarus (TEV). Clubfoot is a congenital limb deformity defined as fixation of the foot in cavus, adductus, varus, and equinus (i.e. inclined inwards, axially rotated outwards, and pointing downwards) with concomitant soft tissue abnormalities. Clubfoot may occur in isolation or as part of a syndrome. Clubfoot appears to be a multifactorial trait.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the paired homeobox family. Bicoid subfamily.
Contains 1 homeobox DNA-binding domain.
- Information by UniProt
- BFT antibody
- CCF antibody
- Hindlimb expressed homeobox protein backfoot antibody
HeLa whole cell lysate (1 mg) was immunoprecipitated using ab70273 at 3 µg/mg lysate (lane 1) or an IgG control (lane 2). One quarter of the total IP reaction was loaded on to a gel and analysed by Western blot using ab70273 at 1 µg/ml. Bands were detected using chemiluminescence with an exposure time of 30 seconds.
All lanes : Anti-PITX1/BFT antibody (ab70273) at 0.1 µg/ml
Lane 1 : HeLa whole cell lysate at 50 µg
Lane 2 : HeLa whole cell lysate at 15 µg
Lane 3 : HeLa whole cell lysate at 5 µg
Predicted band size: 34 kDa
Observed band size: 40 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Exposure time: 3 minutes
ab70273 has been referenced in 5 publications.
- Ohira T et al. PITX1 protein interacts with ZCCHC10 to regulate hTERT mRNA transcription. PLoS One 14:e0217605 (2019). PubMed: 31404068
- Teng HW et al. Protein tyrosine phosphatase 1B targets PITX1/p120RasGAP thus showing therapeutic potential in colorectal carcinoma. Sci Rep 6:35308 (2016). PubMed: 27752061
- Pellicelli M et al. E2F1 and TFDP1 Regulate PITX1 Expression in Normal and Osteoarthritic Articular Chondrocytes. PLoS One 11:e0165951 (2016). WB ; Human . PubMed: 27802335
- Booy EP et al. The RNA helicase RHAU (DHX36) suppresses expression of the transcription factor PITX1. Nucleic Acids Res 42:3346-61 (2014). Human . PubMed: 24369427
- Picard C et al. Nuclear accumulation of prohibitin 1 in osteoarthritic chondrocytes down-regulates PITX1 expression. Arthritis Rheum 65:993-1003 (2013). PubMed: 23310948