Key features and details
- Potent, selective PARP-1 inhibitor
- CAS Number: 344458-15-7
- Purity: > 98%
- Soluble in water to 100 mM and in DMSO to 100 mM
- Form / State: Solid
- Source: Synthetic
Product namePJ34 hydrochloride, PARP-1 inhibitor
DescriptionPotent, selective PARP-1 inhibitor
Potent, selective PARP-1 inhibitor (EC50 = 20 nM). Able to reduce both cell injury induced following deprivation of oxygen-glucose in vitro and infarct size following focal cerebral ischemia in vivo.
Chemical nameN-(5,6-Dihydro-6-oxo-2-phenanthridinyl)-2-(dimethylamino)acetamide hydrochloride
Storage instructionsStore at Room Temperature. Store under desiccating conditions. The product can be stored for up to 12 months.
Solubility overviewSoluble in water to 100 mM and in DMSO to 100 mM
Wherever possible, you should prepare and use solutions on the same day. However, if you need to make up stock solutions in advance, we recommend that you store the solution as aliquots in tightly sealed vials at -20°C. Generally, these will be useable for up to one month. Before use, and prior to opening the vial we recommend that you allow your product to equilibrate to room temperature for at least 1 hour.
Need more advice on solubility, usage and handling? Please visit our frequently asked questions (FAQ) page for more details.
- Epigenetics and Nuclear Signaling
- DNA / RNA
- DNA Damage & Repair
- DNA Damage Response
- DNA Damage Recognition
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab120981 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Schultz MB et al. Assays for NAD+-Dependent Reactions and NAD+ Metabolites. Methods Mol Biol 1813:77-90 (2018). PubMed: 30097862
- Nilson KA et al. Oxidative stress rapidly stabilizes promoter-proximal paused Pol II across the human genome. Nucleic Acids Res 45:11088-11105 (2017). PubMed: 28977633
- Martinerie C et al. NOV/CCN3: A New Adipocytokine Involved in Obesity-Associated Insulin Resistance. Diabetes 65:2502-15 (2016). PubMed: 27284105
- Bai XT et al. Small PARP inhibitor PJ-34 induces cell cycle arrest and apoptosis of adult T-cell leukemia cells. J Hematol Oncol 8:117 (2015). PubMed: 26497583