Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to PKA R2/PKR2
- Suitable for: ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Rabbit, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-PKA R2/PKR2 antibody
See all PKA R2/PKR2 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to PKA R2/PKR2
Specificityab38949 binds to PKARIIa, but does not cross react with the other PKA regulatory subunits (PKARIa, PKARIb, PKARIIb) and can recognize native or reduced PKARIIa.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Rabbit, Human
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Rat PKA R2/PKR2.
General notesStore diluted antibody at 4°C with 0.05% Sodium Azide as preservative.
This product was previously labelled as PKA R2
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Constituent: 50% Glycerol
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Purification notesab38949 has been peptide-affinity purified.
- Pathways and Processes
- Metabolic signaling pathways
- Energy transfer pathways
- Integration of energy
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab38949 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
FunctionRegulatory subunit of the cAMP-dependent protein kinases involved in cAMP signaling in cells. Type II regulatory chains mediate membrane association by binding to anchoring proteins, including the MAP2 kinase.
Tissue specificityFour types of regulatory chains are found: I-alpha, I-beta, II-alpha, and II-beta. Their expression varies among tissues and is in some cases constitutive and in others inducible.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the cAMP-dependent kinase regulatory chain family.
Contains 2 cyclic nucleotide-binding domains.
modificationsPhosphorylated by the activated catalytic chain.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Cell membrane. Colocalizes with PJA2 in the cytoplasm and the cell membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- cAMP dependent protein kinase regulatory subunit alpha 2 antibody
- cAMP dependent protein kinase regulatory subunit RII alpha antibody
- cAMP dependent protein kinase type II alpha regulatory chain antibody
ICC/IF image of ab38949 stained HeLa cells. The cells were 4% formaldehyde fixed (10 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab38949, 1µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
ICC/IF image of ab38949 stained HeLa cells. The cells were 4% PFA fixed (10 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab38949, 1µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab38949 has been referenced in 12 publications.
- Zhang F et al. Effect of different charges of modified electroconvulsive seizure on the cognitive behavior in stressed rats: Effects of GluR1 phosphorylation and CaMKIIa activity. Exp Ther Med 17:748-758 (2019). PubMed: 30651859
- Chen Q et al. Subcellular localization of aquaporin 3 in prostate cancer is regulated by RalA. Oncol Rep 39:2171-2177 (2018). PubMed: 29532894
- Wu DM et al. Inhibition of microRNA-200a Upregulates the Expression of Striatal Dopamine Receptor D2 to Repress Apoptosis of Striatum via the cAMP/PKA Signaling Pathway in Rats with Parkinson's Disease. Cell Physiol Biochem 51:1600-1615 (2018). PubMed: 30497067
- Cederquist CT et al. Systemic insulin sensitivity is regulated by GPS2 inhibition of AKT ubiquitination and activation in adipose tissue. Mol Metab 6:125-137 (2017). PubMed: 28123943
- Ilouz R et al. Isoform-specific subcellular localization and function of protein kinase A identified by mosaic imaging of mouse brain. Elife 6:N/A (2017). PubMed: 28079521