Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to PKC alpha (phospho S657 + Y658)
- Suitable for: ICC/IF, WB, ELISA, IP, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Rabbit, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-PKC alpha (phospho S657 + Y658) antibody
See all PKC alpha primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to PKC alpha (phospho S657 + Y658)
Specificityab23513 detected PKC alpha and PKC beta I, but not other PKC isoforms in rat brain lysate.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ICC/IF, WB, ELISA, IP, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Rabbit, Human
Phospho-PKC alpha (Ser-657/Tyr-658) synthetic peptide (coupled to carrier protein) corresponding to amino acid residues around serine 657 and tyrosine 658 of human PKC alpha.
- Neonatal rat brain lysate, endothelial cells, HeLa cells, rabbit spleen fibroblasts, rat pituitary cells.
General notesWe do not have concentration information for this antibody. It is optimized to work at the dilutions stated on the datasheet.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Constituents: PBS, 50% Glycerol, 0.1% BSA
Concentration information loading...
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab23513 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||Use at an assay dependent concentration. PubMed: 22532868|
|WB||1/1000. Detects a band of approximately 82 kDa.|
Use 5 - 10 µl.
|IHC-P||1/100. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
FunctionThis is a calcium-activated, phospholipid-dependent, serine- and threonine-specific enzyme. May play a role in cell motility by phosphorylating CSPG4.
PKC is activated by diacylglycerol which in turn phosphorylates a range of cellular proteins. PKC also serves as the receptor for phorbol esters, a class of tumor promoters.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. AGC Ser/Thr protein kinase family. PKC subfamily.
Contains 1 AGC-kinase C-terminal domain.
Contains 1 C2 domain.
Contains 2 phorbol-ester/DAG-type zinc fingers.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Cell membrane. Nucleus.
- Information by UniProt
- AAG6 antibody
- Aging associated gene 6 antibody
- aPKC antibody
Western blot analysis of immunoprecipitates from neonatal rat brain lysate using anti-PKCα antibody. Control and alkaline phosphatase treated precipitates were probed with anti-PKCα (Central region) or anti-phospho-PKCα (Ser-657/Tyr-658).
ab23513 staining PKC alpha (phospho S657 + Y658) in human pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma tissue sections by Immunohistochemistry (IHC-P - formaldehyde-fixed, paraffin-embedded sections). Tissue was fixed with formaldehyde, permeabilized with PBS + Triton 0.025% and blocked with 5% serum for 1 hour at room temperature; antigen retrieval was by heat mediation with a citrate buffer (pH 6). Samples were incubated with primary antibody (1/100 in PBS) for 8 hours at 4°C. A Biotin-conjugated Goat anti-rabbit polyclonal (1/1000) was used as the secondary antibody.
Immunocytochemical labeling of PKC phosphorylation in aldehyde-fixed and NP-40-permeabilized NGF-differentiated PC12 cells. The cells were labeled with rabbit polyclonal anti-PKCα (Ser-657/Tyr-658) (PP1091) antibody in the absence (Left) or presence (Right) of blocking peptide (PX1095). The antibody was detected using appropriate secondary antibody conjugated to DyLight® 594
Immunofluorescence analysis of S2-013 cells, staining PKC alpha (phospho S657 + Y658) with ab23513.
Cells were fixed with paraformaldehyde, permeabilized with 0.1% Triton X-100, and blocked with blocking solution (3% BSA/PBS). Cells were incubated with primary antibody for 1 hour. An AlexaFluor®488-conjugated anti-rabbit IgG was used as the secondary antibody.
ab23513 has been referenced in 17 publications.
- Lenkavska L et al. Searching for combination therapy by clustering methods: Stimulation of PKC in Golgi apparatus combined with hypericin induced PDT. Photodiagnosis Photodyn Ther N/A:101813 (2020). PubMed: 32442674
- Miranda-Silva D et al. Characterization of biventricular alterations in myocardial (reverse) remodelling in aortic banding-induced chronic pressure overload. Sci Rep 9:2956 (2019). PubMed: 30814653
- Wang Y et al. Mechanism of Regulation of Big-Conductance Ca2+-Activated K+ Channels by mTOR Complex 2 in Podocytes. Front Physiol 10:167 (2019). PubMed: 30873046
- Guo X et al. Inhibition of the Akt1-mTORC1 Axis Alters Venous Remodeling to Improve Arteriovenous Fistula Patency. Sci Rep 9:11046 (2019). PubMed: 31363142
- Gu Z et al. USP34 regulated human pancreatic cancer cell survival via AKT and PKC pathways. Biol Pharm Bull N/A:N/A (2019). PubMed: 30686807