Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to PKC beta 1 (phospho T642)
- Suitable for: ICC/IF, WB, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-PKC beta 1 (phospho T642) antibody
See all PKC beta 1 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to PKC beta 1 (phospho T642)
Specificityab75657 detects endogenous levels of PKC beta 1 only when phosphorylated at threonine 642.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ICC/IF, WB, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic phosphopeptide derived from human PKC beta 1 around the phosphorylation site of threonine 642 (E-L-TP-P-T).
- Human lung carcinoma tissue. Extracts from K562 cells treated with PMA (1ng/ml, 10min).
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, 0.87% Sodium chloride, PBS
Without Mg2+ and Ca2+
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Purification notesab75657 was affinity-purified from rabbit antiserum by affinity-chromatography using epitope-specific phosphopeptide. The antibody against non-phosphopeptide was removed by chromatography using non-phosphopeptide corresponding to the phosphorylation site.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab75657 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||1/100 - 1/200.|
|WB||1/500 - 1/1000. Detects a band of approximately 77 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 77 kDa).|
|IHC-P||1/50 - 1/100.|
FunctionCalcium-activated and phospholipid-dependent serine/threonine-protein kinase involved in various processes such as regulation of the B-cell receptor (BCR) signalosome, apoptosis and transcription regulation. Plays a key role in B-cell activation and function by regulating BCR-induced NF-kappa-B activation and B-cell suvival. Required for recruitment and activation of the IKK kinase to lipid rafts and mediates phosphorylation of CARD11/CARMA1 at 'Ser-559', 'Ser-644' and 'Ser-652', leading to activate the NF-kappa-B signaling. Involved in apoptosis following oxidative damage: in case of oxidative conditions, specifically phosphorylates 'Ser-36' of isoform p66Shc of SHC1, leading to mitochondrial accumulation of p66Shc, where p66Shc acts as a reactive oxygen species producer. Acts as a coactivator of androgen receptor (ANDR)-dependent transcription, by being recruited to ANDR target genes and specifically mediating phosphorylation of 'Thr-6' of histone H3 (H3T6ph), a specific tag for epigenetic transcriptional activation that prevents demethylation of histone H3 'Lys-4' (H3K4me) by LSD1/KDM1A. Also involved in triglyceride homeostasis. Serves as the receptor for phorbol esters, a class of tumor promoters.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. AGC Ser/Thr protein kinase family. PKC subfamily.
Contains 1 AGC-kinase C-terminal domain.
Contains 1 C2 domain.
Contains 2 phorbol-ester/DAG-type zinc fingers.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
modificationsPhosphorylation on Thr-500 within the activation loop renders it competent to autophosphorylate. Subsequent autophosphorylation of Thr-642 maintains catalytic competence, and autophosphorylation on Ser-661 appears to release the kinase into the cytosol. Autophosphorylation on other sites i.e. in the N-terminal and hinge regions have no effect on enzyme activity.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Nucleus. Membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- KPCB_HUMAN antibody
- PKC beta antibody
- PKC-B antibody
All lanes : Anti-PKC beta 1 (phospho T642) antibody (ab75657) at 1/500 dilution
Lane 1 : K562 cells, untreated
Lane 2 : K562 cells treated with PMA (1ng/ml, 10min)
Predicted band size: 77 kDa
Observed band size: 77 kDa
ab75657 at 1/50 dilution staining PKC beta 1 in human lung carcinoma by Immunohistochemistry using paraffin-embedded tissue, in the absence or presence of the immunising phosphopeptide.
ab75657 at 1/100 dilution staining PKC beta 1 (phospho T642) in human MCF7 cells by ICC/IF.
ab75657 has been referenced in 8 publications.
- Zheng W et al. Carvedilol alleviates diabetic cardiomyopathy in diabetic rats. Exp Ther Med 17:479-487 (2019). PubMed: 30651825
- Garcia N et al. Opposed Actions of PKA Isozymes (RI and RII) and PKC Isoforms (cPKCßI and nPKCe) in Neuromuscular Developmental Synapse Elimination. Cells 8:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31652775
- Li H & Chen C Quercetin Has Antimetastatic Effects on Gastric Cancer Cells via the Interruption of uPA/uPAR Function by Modulating NF-?b, PKC-d, ERK1/2, and AMPKa. Integr Cancer Ther 17:511-523 (2018). PubMed: 28627240
- Hurtado E et al. Muscle Contraction Regulates BDNF/TrkB Signaling to Modulate Synaptic Function through Presynaptic cPKCa and cPKCßI. Front Mol Neurosci 10:147 (2017). PubMed: 28572757
- Hurtado E et al. Synaptic Activity and Muscle Contraction Increases PDK1 and PKCßI Phosphorylation in the Presynaptic Membrane of the Neuromuscular Junction. Front Mol Neurosci 10:270 (2017). PubMed: 28890686
- Qu C et al. Trimeric G protein-CARMA1 axis links smoothened, the hedgehog receptor transducer, to NF-?B activation in diffuse large B-cell lymphoma. Blood 121:4718-28 (2013). PubMed: 23632891
- Feng J et al. Changes in microvascular reactivity after cardiopulmonary bypass in patients with poorly controlled versus controlled diabetes. Circulation 126:S73-80 (2012). IHC ; Human . PubMed: 22965996
- Almeida M et al. Oxidative stress stimulates apoptosis and activates NF-kappaB in osteoblastic cells via a PKCbeta/p66shc signaling cascade: counter regulation by estrogens or androgens. Mol Endocrinol 24:2030-7 (2010). WB ; Mouse . PubMed: 20685851