Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to PKC gamma
- Suitable for: ICC/IF, IHC-P, WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-PKC gamma antibody
See all PKC gamma primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to PKC gamma
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ICC/IF, IHC-P, WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic human PKC gamma peptide from within residues 611 - 697.
- Hela, A431 cell lysate and mouse, rat brain lysate.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.03% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.87% Sodium chloride, HEPES, 0.01% BSA, 50% Glycerol
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab71558 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml.|
|IHC-P||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
|WB||1/2000. Detects a band of approximately 34, 40, 66, 78 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 78 kDa).|
FunctionThis is a calcium-activated, phospholipid-dependent, serine- and threonine-specific enzyme.
PKC is activated by diacylglycerol which in turn phosphorylates a range of cellular proteins. PKC also serves as the receptor for phorbol esters, a class of tumor promoters.
Tissue specificityExpressed in Purkinje cells of the cerebellar cortex.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in PRKCG are the cause of spinocerebellar ataxia type 14 (SCA14) [MIM:605361]. Spinocerebellar ataxia is a clinically and genetically heterogeneous group of cerebellar disorders. Patients show progressive incoordination of gait and often poor coordination of hands, speech and eye movements, due to degeneration of the cerebellum with variable involvement of the brainstem and spinal cord. SCA14 is an autosomal dominant cerebellar ataxia (ADCA).
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. AGC Ser/Thr protein kinase family. PKC subfamily.
Contains 1 AGC-kinase C-terminal domain.
Contains 1 C2 domain.
Contains 2 phorbol-ester/DAG-type zinc fingers.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
- Information by UniProt
- KPCG_HUMAN antibody
- MGC57564 antibody
- OTTHUMP00000067291 antibody
All lanes : Anti-PKC gamma antibody (ab71558) at 1/2000 dilution
Lane 1 : Hela cell lysate
Lane 2 : A431 cell lysate
Lane 3 : Mouse brain lysate
Lane 4 : Rat brain lysate
Predicted band size: 78 kDa
Observed band size: 78 kDa
Additional bands at: 34 kDa, 40 kDa, 66 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
ab71558 (1µg/ml) staining PKCg in human Brain: Cerebellum using an automated system (DAKO Autostainer Plus). Using this protocol there is cytoplasmic and membrane staining of neuropil, molecular cells and Purkinje cells.
Sections were rehydrated and antigen retrieved with the Dako 3 in 1 AR buffer EDTA pH 9.0 in a DAKO PT Link. Slides were peroxidase blocked in 3% H2O2 in methanol for 10 mins. They were then blocked with Dako Protein block for 10 minutes (containing casein 0.25% in PBS) then incubated with primary antibody for 20 min and detected with Dako Envision Flex amplification kit for 30 minutes. Colorimetric detection was completed with Diaminobenzidine for 5 minutes. Slides were counterstained with Haematoxylin and coverslipped under DePeX. Please note that, for manual staining, optimization of primary antibody concentration and incubation time is recommended. Signal amplification may be required.
ICC/IF image of ab71558 stained Hepp cells. The cells were 4% formaldehyde fixed (10 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab71558, 5µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
ab71558 has been referenced in 15 publications.
- Su Q et al. Hippocampal Protein Kinase C Gamma Signaling Mediates the Impairment of Spatial Learning and Memory in Prenatally Stressed Offspring Rats. Neuroscience 414:186-199 (2019). PubMed: 31283971
- Janzen E et al. PLS3 Overexpression Delays Ataxia in Chp1 Mutant Mice. Front Neurosci 13:993 (2019). PubMed: 31607845
- Pan X et al. Essential Role Of High Glucose-Induced Overexpression Of PKCß And PKCd In GLP-1 Resistance In Rodent Cardiomyocytes. Diabetes Metab Syndr Obes 12:2289-2302 (2019). PubMed: 31807042
- Katreddy RR et al. Targeted reduction of the EGFR protein, but not inhibition of its kinase activity, induces mitophagy and death of cancer cells through activation of mTORC2 and Akt. Oncogenesis 7:5 (2018). PubMed: 29358623
- Du B et al. CD4+ aß T cell infiltration into the leptomeninges of lumbar dorsal roots contributes to the transition from acute to chronic mechanical allodynia after adult rat tibial nerve injuries. J Neuroinflammation 15:81 (2018). PubMed: 29544518