Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to PKC zeta
- Suitable for: IHC-P, ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human, Xenopus laevis
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-PKC zeta antibody
See all PKC zeta primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to PKC zeta
Specificityab59364 detects endogenous levels of total PKC zeta protein. The immunogen used for this product shares 89% homology with PKC iota/lambda. Cross-reactivity with this protein has not been confirmed experimentally.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-P, ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human, Xenopus laevis
Synthetic peptide within Human PKC zeta aa 526-575. The exact sequence is proprietary. Synthesized non-phosphopeptide derived from human PKC zeta around the phosphorylation site of threonine 560 (Q-L-TP-P-D).
Database link: Q05513
- WB: Xenopus laevis cytoplasmic egg extract. PMA treated COS7 cell extracts. Rat hippocampus lysate. IP: PKC zeta IP in mouse brain tissue lysate. ICC/IF: NIH/3T3 cells. IHC-P: Human proliferative endometrial tissue. Human brain tissue.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: PBS, 50% Glycerol, 0.87% Sodium chloride
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab59364 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||1/50 - 1/100.|
|ICC/IF||1/100 - 1/500.|
FunctionThis is a calcium-independent, phospholipid-dependent, serine- and threonine-specific enzyme. Phosphorylates 'Ser-311' of RELA subunit of NF-kappa-B.
PKC is activated by diacylglycerol which in turn phosphorylates a range of cellular proteins. PKC also serves as the receptor for phorbol esters, a class of tumor promoters. Subunit of a quaternary complex that plays a central role in epithelial cell polarization.
Tissue specificityExpressed in brain, and to a lesser extent in lung, kidney and testis.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. AGC Ser/Thr protein kinase family. PKC subfamily.
Contains 1 AGC-kinase C-terminal domain.
Contains 1 OPR domain.
Contains 1 phorbol-ester/DAG-type zinc finger.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
DomainThe OPR domain mediates mutually exclusive interactions with SQSTM1 and PARD6B.
The C1 domain does not bind the diacylglycerol (DAG).
modificationsCDH5 is required for its phosphorylation at Thr-410.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Endosome. Cell junction. In the retina, localizes in the terminals of the rod bipolar cells (By similarity). Associates with endosomes. Presence of KRIT1, CDH5 and RAP1B is required for its localization to the cell junction.
- Information by UniProt
- 14-3-3-zetaisoform antibody
- AI098070 antibody
- aPKCzeta antibody
Immunohistochemical analysis of human proliferative endometrial tissue, staining PKC zeta with ab59364.
Antigen retrieval was performed by heat mediation in a citrate buffer. Tissue was blocked with blocking solution before incubating with primary antibody (1/100) overnight at 4°C. Staining was detected using DAB.
Immunofluorescence analysis of NIH/3T3 cells using PKC zeta at dilution of 1:100.
Lanes 2-4 : Anti-PKC zeta antibody (ab59364) at 1/500 dilution
Lanes 1-2 : Rat hippocampus lysate at 40 µg
Lanes 3-4 : Rat hippocampus lysate at 20 µg
All lanes : Anti-Rabbit IR800-linked conjugation: IRDye® 800CW
Performed under reducing conditions.
Exposure time: 5 minutes
ab59364 at a 1/50 dilution staining PKC zeta in formalin/PFA fixed paraffin-embedded human brain tissue using Immunohistochemistry.
Left panel: Without immunizing peptide.
Right image: Plus immunizing peptide.
ab59364 has been referenced in 8 publications.
- Smalley T et al. Analysis of PKC-? protein levels in normal and malignant breast tissue subtypes. Oncol Lett 17:1537-1546 (2019). PubMed: 30675210
- Yang X et al. Nonylphenol promotes the proliferation of colorectal cancer COLO205 cells by upregulating the expression of protein kinase C ?. Oncol Lett 17:2498-2506 (2019). PubMed: 30675313
- Ihry RJ et al. Genome-Scale CRISPR Screens Identify Human Pluripotency-Specific Genes. Cell Rep 27:616-630.e6 (2019). PubMed: 30970262
- Dong Z et al. Long-term potentiation decay and memory loss are mediated by AMPAR endocytosis. J Clin Invest 125:234-47 (2015). PubMed: 25437879
- Corriden R et al. Tamoxifen augments the innate immune function of neutrophils through modulation of intracellular ceramide. Nat Commun 6:8369 (2015). PubMed: 26458291
- Rivero R et al. Protein expression of PKCZ (Protein Kinase C Zeta), Munc18c, and Syntaxin-4 in the insulin pathway in endometria of patients with polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS). Reprod Biol Endocrinol 10:17 (2012). WB, IHC-P ; Human . PubMed: 22390153
- Marchand F et al. Specific involvement of atypical PKC?/PKM? in spinal persistent nociceptive processing following peripheral inflammation in rat. Mol Pain 7:86 (2011). WB ; Rat . PubMed: 22054645
- Kumashiro N et al. Cellular mechanism of insulin resistance in nonalcoholic fatty liver disease. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 108:16381-5 (2011). WB ; Human . PubMed: 21930939