Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to PKC zeta (phospho T560)
- Suitable for: WB, ELISA, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-PKC zeta (phospho T560) antibody
See all PKC zeta primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to PKC zeta (phospho T560)
SpecificityDetects endogenous levels of PKC? only when phosphorylated at threonine 560.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, ELISA, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Human PKC zeta aa 526-575.
Database link: Q05513
- WB: Extracts from COS7 cells treated with PMA (125ng/ml, 30mins). IHC-P: Human brain gliomas, human brain tissue.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: PBS, 50% Glycerol, 0.87% Sodium chloride
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Purification notesAffinity-purified from rabbit antiserum by affinity chromatography using epitope-specific phosphopeptide. The antibody against non-phosphopeptide was removed by chromatography using non-phosphopeptide corresponding to the phosphorylation site.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab59412 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/500 - 1/1000. Detects a band of approximately 68 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 68 kDa).|
|IHC-P||1/50 - 1/100.|
FunctionThis is a calcium-independent, phospholipid-dependent, serine- and threonine-specific enzyme. Phosphorylates 'Ser-311' of RELA subunit of NF-kappa-B.
PKC is activated by diacylglycerol which in turn phosphorylates a range of cellular proteins. PKC also serves as the receptor for phorbol esters, a class of tumor promoters. Subunit of a quaternary complex that plays a central role in epithelial cell polarization.
Tissue specificityExpressed in brain, and to a lesser extent in lung, kidney and testis.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. AGC Ser/Thr protein kinase family. PKC subfamily.
Contains 1 AGC-kinase C-terminal domain.
Contains 1 OPR domain.
Contains 1 phorbol-ester/DAG-type zinc finger.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
DomainThe OPR domain mediates mutually exclusive interactions with SQSTM1 and PARD6B.
The C1 domain does not bind the diacylglycerol (DAG).
modificationsCDH5 is required for its phosphorylation at Thr-410.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Endosome. Cell junction. In the retina, localizes in the terminals of the rod bipolar cells (By similarity). Associates with endosomes. Presence of KRIT1, CDH5 and RAP1B is required for its localization to the cell junction.
- Information by UniProt
- 14-3-3-zetaisoform antibody
- AI098070 antibody
- aPKCzeta antibody
All lanes : Anti-PKC zeta (phospho T560) antibody (ab59412) at 1/500 dilution
Lane 1 : Extracts from COS7 cells treated
with PMA (125ng/ml, 30mins)
Lane 2 : Extracts from COS7 cells treated
with PMA (125ng/ml, 30mins) with phosphopeptide
Predicted band size: 68 kDa
Observed band size: 68 kDa
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin embedded human brain gliomas using ab59412 at 1/50 dilution
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin embedded human brain tissue using ab59412 at 1/50 dilution, in the presence (right) and absence (left) of immunising phosphopeptide.
ELISA showing that ab59412 (1:20000) detects endogenous levels of PKC zeta only when phosphorylated at Thr560.
Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay (Phospho-ELISA) for Immunogen Phosphopeptide (Phospho-left) and Non-Phosphopeptide (Phospho-right), using PKC zeta (Phospho-Thr560) Antibody, ab59412.
ab59412 has been referenced in 11 publications.
- Patel R et al. Simultaneous inhibition of atypical protein kinase-C and mTOR impedes bladder cancer cell progression. Int J Oncol 56:1373-1386 (2020). PubMed: 32236625
- Taoro-Gonzalez L et al. Extracellular cGMP Reverses Altered Membrane Expression of AMPA Receptors in Hippocampus of Hyperammonemic Rats: Underlying Mechanisms. Mol Neurobiol 56:4428-4439 (2019). PubMed: 30328550
- Islam SMA et al. The modulation of actin dynamics via atypical Protein Kinase-C activated Cofilin regulates metastasis of colorectal cancer cells. Cell Adh Migr 13:106-120 (2019). PubMed: 30417717
- Taoro-Gonzalez L et al. Hyperammonemia alters membrane expression of GluA1 and GluA2 subunits of AMPA receptors in hippocampus by enhancing activation of the IL-1 receptor: underlying mechanisms. J Neuroinflammation 15:36 (2018). WB ; Rat . PubMed: 29422059
- Riddell M et al. aPKC controls endothelial growth by modulating c-Myc via FoxO1 DNA-binding ability. Nat Commun 9:5357 (2018). PubMed: 30559384