Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to PKD2
- Reacts with: Mouse, Human
- Isotype: IgG
- Research with confidence – consistent and reproducible results with every batch
- Long-term and scalable supply – powered by recombinant technology for fast production
- Success from the first experiment – confirmed specificity through extensive validation
- Ethical standards compliant – production is animal-free
Product nameAnti-PKD2 antibody
See all PKD2 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to PKD2
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Human PKD2 aa 849-864.
This antibody recognizes human protein kinase D2 (PKD2), a serine threonine protein kinase. PKD2 is widely expressed in human and murine tissues and exhibits strong homology to the serine threonine protein kinases PKD/PKCmicro and PKCnu. In contrast, it has a low degree of sequence homology to other members of the PKC family. PKD2 is activated by phorbol esters and a variety of growth factors.
The Life Science industry has been in the grips of a reproducibility crisis for a number of years. Abcam is leading the way in addressing this with our range of recombinant monoclonal antibodies and knockout edited cell lines for gold-standard validation. Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing.
If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, along with publications, customer reviews and Q&As
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.4
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Primary antibody notesThis antibody recognizes human protein kinase D2 (PKD2), a serine threonine protein kinase. PKD2 is widely expressed in human and murine tissues and exhibits strong homology to the serine threonine protein kinases PKD/PKCmicro and PKCnu. In contrast, it has a low degree of sequence homology to other members of the PKC family. PKD2 is activated by phorbol esters and a variety of growth factors.
FunctionConverts transient diacylglycerol (DAG) signals into prolonged physiological effects, downstream of PKC. Involved in resistance to oxidative stress.
Tissue specificityWidely expressed.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. CAMK Ser/Thr protein kinase family. PKD subfamily.
Contains 1 PH domain.
Contains 2 phorbol-ester/DAG-type zinc fingers.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
modificationsPhosphorylation of Ser-876 correlates with the activation status of the kinase.
Ser-706 is probably phosphorylated by PKC.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Membrane. Translocation to the cell membrane is required for kinase activation.
- Information by UniProt
- DKFZp586E0820 antibody
- HSPC187 antibody
- KPCD2_HUMAN antibody
ab7281 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Xiao Y et al. Deficiency of PRKD2 triggers hyperinsulinemia and metabolic disorders. Nat Commun 9:2015 (2018). PubMed: 29789568
- Arun SN et al. Ultraviolet B irradiation and activation of protein kinase D in primary mouse epidermal keratinocytes. Oncogene : (2010). WB ; Mouse . PubMed: 21132013
- Li J et al. PKD1, PKD2, and Their Substrate Kidins220 Regulate Neurotensin Secretion in the BON Human Endocrine Cell Line. J Biol Chem 283:2614-21 (2008). ICC/IF ; Human . PubMed: 18048355
- Jackson LN et al. Overexpression of wild-type PKD2 leads to increased proliferation and invasion of BON endocrine cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun 348:945-9 (2006). PubMed: 16899224
Customer reviews and Q&As
Please note: All products are "FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY. NOT FOR USE IN DIAGNOSTIC PROCEDURES"
For licensing inquiries, please contact email@example.com