Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Rabbit monoclonal [EP1495Y] to PKD2
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P, ICC/IF
- Knockout validated
- Reacts with: Mouse, Human
Product nameAnti-PKD2 antibody [EP1495Y]
See all PKD2 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EP1495Y] to PKD2
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-P, ICC/IFmore details
Unsuitable for: IP
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Synthetic peptide within Human PKD2 aa 200-300. The exact sequence is proprietary.
- HeLa whole cell lysate (ab150035) or human breast carcinoma tissue. IF/ICC: HeLa cell line
Rat: We have preliminary internal testing data to indicate this antibody may not react with this species. Please contact us for more information.
This product was previously labelled as Protein Kinase D2
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Constituents: 49% PBS, 50% Glycerol, 0.05% BSA
Concentration information loading...
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab51250 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/500. Detects a band of approximately 105 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 97 kDa).|
|IHC-P||Use at an assay dependent concentration. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
|ICC/IF||1/100 - 1/250.|
FunctionConverts transient diacylglycerol (DAG) signals into prolonged physiological effects, downstream of PKC. Involved in resistance to oxidative stress.
Tissue specificityWidely expressed.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. CAMK Ser/Thr protein kinase family. PKD subfamily.
Contains 1 PH domain.
Contains 2 phorbol-ester/DAG-type zinc fingers.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
modificationsPhosphorylation of Ser-876 correlates with the activation status of the kinase.
Ser-706 is probably phosphorylated by PKC.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Membrane. Translocation to the cell membrane is required for kinase activation.
- Information by UniProt
- DKFZp586E0820 antibody
- HSPC187 antibody
- KPCD2_HUMAN antibody
Lane 1: Wild-type HAP1 cell lysate (40 µg)
Lane 2: PKD2 knockout HAP1 cell lysate (40 µg)
Lane 3: HeLa cell lysate (20 µg)
Lane 4: HEK293 cell lysate (20 µg)
Lanes 1 - 4: Merged signal (red and green). Green - ab51250 observed at 110 kDa. Red - loading control, ab8245, observed at 37 kDa.
ab51250 was shown to recognize PKD2 when PKD2 knockout samples were used, along with additional cross-reactive bands. Wild-type and PKD2 knockout samples were subjected to SDS-PAGE. Ab51250 and ab8245 (loading control to GAPDH) were diluted at 1/500 and 1:10,000 dilution respectively and incubated overnight at 4C. Blots were developed with Goat anti-Rabbit IgG H&L (IRDye® 800CW) preadsorbed (ab216773) and Goat anti-Mouse IgG H&L (IRDye® 680RD) preadsorbed (ab216776) secondary antibodies at 1:10,000 dilution for 1 hour at room temperature before imaging.
Anti-PKD2 antibody [EP1495Y] (ab51250) at 1/500 dilution + HeLa cell lysate at 10 µg
Goat anti-rabbit HRP labeled at 1/2000 dilution
Predicted band size: 97 kDa
Observed band size: 105 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Ab51250 (1:100) staining human PKD2 in human breast carcinoma tissue by immunohistochemistry using paraffin embedded tissue.
Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.
ICC/IF image of ab51250 stained HeLa cells. The cells were 4% Formaldehyde fixed (10 mins) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab51250, 10µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was ab96899, DyLight® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) used at a 1/250 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab51250 has been referenced in 5 publications.
- Baker J et al. Protein kinase D3 modulates MMP1 and MMP13 expression in human chondrocytes. PLoS One 13:e0195864 (2018). PubMed: 29652915
- Plastira I et al. Lysophosphatidic acid via LPA-receptor 5/protein kinase D-dependent pathways induces a motile and pro-inflammatory microglial phenotype. J Neuroinflammation 14:253 (2017). PubMed: 29258556
- Bhavanasi D et al. Protein kinase Cd mediates the activation of protein kinase D2 in platelets. Biochem Pharmacol 82:720-7 (2011). WB ; Human, Mouse . PubMed: 21736870
- Azoitei N et al. Protein kinase D2 is a novel regulator of glioblastoma growth and tumor formation. Neuro Oncol 13:710-24 (2011). WB, IHC-P ; Human, Chicken . PubMed: 21727210
- Azoitei N et al. Protein kinase D2 is a crucial regulator of tumour cell-endothelial cell communication in gastrointestinal tumours. Gut 59:1316-30 (2010). PubMed: 20732914