Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Rabbit monoclonal [EPR10138(B)] to PKM
- Suitable for: ICC/IF, WB, Flow Cyt
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Product nameAnti-PKM antibody [EPR10138(B)]
See all PKM primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EPR10138(B)] to PKM
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ICC/IF, WB, Flow Cytmore details
Unsuitable for: IP
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Predicted to work with: Pig
Synthetic peptide within Human PKM aa 50-150. The exact sequence is proprietary.
Database link: P14618
- Recombinant human PKM2 protein (ab89364) can be used as a positive control in WB. Human skeletal muscle, HeLa, Jurkat and A549 cell lysates; HeLa cells
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Constituents: 9% PBS, 40% Glycerol, 0.05% BSA, 50% Tissue culture supernatant
Concentration information loading...
PurityTissue culture supernatant
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab150377 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/1000 - 1/10000. Predicted molecular weight: 58 kDa.|
|Flow Cyt||1/10 - 1/100.
ab172730 - Rabbit monoclonal IgG, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
FunctionGlycolytic enzyme that catalyzes the transfer of a phosphoryl group from phosphoenolpyruvate (PEP) to ADP, generating ATP. Stimulates POU5F1-mediated transcriptional activation. Plays a general role in caspase independent cell death of tumor cells. The ratio betwween the highly active tetrameric form and nearly inactive dimeric form determines whether glucose carbons are channeled to biosynthetic processes or used for glycolytic ATP production. The transition between the 2 forms contributes to the control of glycolysis and is important for tumor cell proliferation and survival.
Tissue specificitySpecifically expressed in proliferating cells, such as embryonic stem cells, embryonic carcinoma cells, as well as cancer cells.
PathwayCarbohydrate degradation; glycolysis; pyruvate from D-glyceraldehyde 3-phosphate: step 5/5.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the pyruvate kinase family.
Under hypoxia, hydroxylated by EGLN3.
Acetylation at Lys-305 is stimulated by high glucose concentration, it decreases enzyme activity and promotes its lysosomal-dependent degradation via chaperone-mediated autophagy.
FGFR1-dependent tyrosine phosphorylation is reduced by interaction with TRIM35.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Nucleus. Translocates to the nucleus in response to different apoptotic stimuli. Nuclear translocation is sufficient to induce cell death that is caspase independent, isoform-specific and independent of its enzymatic activity.
- Information by UniProt
- CTHBP antibody
- Cytosolic thyroid hormone-binding protein antibody
- KPYM_HUMAN antibody
All lanes : Anti-PKM antibody [EPR10138(B)] (ab150377) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 : Human skeletal muscle cell lysate
Lane 2 : HeLa cell lysate
Lane 3 : Jurkat cell lysate
Lane 4 : A549 cell lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
All lanes : HRP labeled goat anti-rabbit antibody at 1/2000 dilution
Predicted band size: 58 kDa
Immunocytochemistry/Immunofluorescence analysis of HeLa (human cervix adenocarcinoma) labelling PKM with purified ab150377 at 1/500. Cells were fixed with 4% PFA and permeabilized with 0.1% Triton X-100. An Alexa Fluor® 488-conjugated goat anti-rabbit IgG (1/1000) was used as the secondary antibody (Ab150077). Nuclei counterstained with DAPI (blue).
Control: PBS only
Flow cytometric analysis of permeabilized HeLa cells labeling PKM with ab150377 at a 1/10 dilution (red) or a rabbit IgG (negative) (green).
ab150377 has been referenced in 12 publications.
- Ouyang X et al. Metabolic regulation of T cell development by Sin1-mTORC2 is mediated by pyruvate kinase M2. J Mol Cell Biol 11:93-106 (2019). PubMed: 30428057
- Wang SQ et al. Heterozygous knockout insulin-like growth factor-1 receptor (IGF-1R) regulates mitochondrial functions and prevents colitis and colorectal cancer. Free Radic Biol Med 134:87-98 (2019). PubMed: 30611867
- Li S et al. Dihydroartemisinin represses esophageal cancer glycolysis by down-regulating pyruvate kinase M2. Eur J Pharmacol 854:232-239 (2019). PubMed: 31004604
- Shen Y et al. ARHGAP4 mediates the Warburg effect in pancreatic cancer through the mTOR and HIF-1a signaling pathways. Onco Targets Ther 12:5003-5012 (2019). PubMed: 31303760
- Zhao Y et al. Dendrobium Officinale Polysaccharides Protect against MNNG-Induced PLGC in Rats via Activating the NRF2 and Antioxidant Enzymes HO-1 and NQO-1. Oxid Med Cell Longev 2019:9310245 (2019). PubMed: 31281597