Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [8B6] to Placental alkaline phosphatase (PLAP)
- Suitable for: ELISA, IHC-P, RIA, IHC-Fr
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG2a
Product nameAnti-Placental alkaline phosphatase (PLAP) antibody [8B6]
See all Placental alkaline phosphatase (PLAP) primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [8B6] to Placental alkaline phosphatase (PLAP)
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ELISA, IHC-P, RIA, IHC-Frmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Tissue, cells or virus corresponding to Placental alkaline phosphatase (PLAP). Fresh Hep-2 cells followed by booster injections of fresh Hep-2 cells that have had their surface expression of PLAP boosted in culture.
- IHC-Fr: Normal human placenta tissue sections.
This antibody clone is manufactured by Abcam. If you require a different buffer formulation or a particular conjugate for your experiments, please contact email@example.com.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferConstituent: 0.02% PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein G purified
Light chain typekappa
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab33 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ELISA||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|IHC-P||Use a concentration of 10 µg/ml.|
|RIA||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|IHC-Fr||1/250 - 1/500.|
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the alkaline phosphatase family.
Cellular localizationCell membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- Alkaline phosphatase antibody
- Alkaline phosphatase placental antibody
- Alkaline phosphatase placental type antibody
IHC image of Placental alkaline phosphatase staining in a section of frozen normal human placenta, fixed in 10% paraformaldehyde (10 min).
Staining was performed on a Leica BONDTM system using the standard protocol F. The section was pre-treated using heat mediated antigen retrieval with sodium citrate buffer (pH6, epitope retrieval solution 1) for 20mins. The section was then incubated with ab33, 10 µg/ml, for 15 mins at room temperature and detected using an HRP conjugated compact polymer system. DAB was used as the chromogen. The section was then counterstained with hematoxylin and mounted with DPX.
The inset secondary-only control image is taken from an identical assay without primary antibody.
For other IHC staining systems (automated and non-automated) customers should optimize variable parameters such as antigen retrieval conditions, primary antibody concentration and antibody incubation times.
ab33 has been referenced in 6 publications.
- Hu Y et al. High-Mobility Group Box 1 From Hypoxic Trophoblasts Promotes Endothelial Microparticle Production and Thrombophilia in Preeclampsia. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 38:1381-1391 (2018). PubMed: 29650693
- Müller WEG et al. Polyphosphate as a donor of high-energy phosphate for the synthesis of ADP and ATP. J Cell Sci 130:2747-2756 (2017). PubMed: 28687622
- Sharp TM et al. Inhibition of cellular protein secretion by norwalk virus nonstructural protein p22 requires a mimic of an endoplasmic reticulum export signal. PLoS One 5:e13130 (2010). ICC/IF ; Human . PubMed: 20976190
- Zhang L et al. Alteration in the IL-2 signal peptide affects secretion of proteins in vitro and in vivo. J Gene Med 7:354-65 (2005). ELISA ; Human . PubMed: 15619290
- Durbin H et al. Monoclonal antibodies to placental alkaline phosphatase: preclinical evaluation in a human xenograft tumour model of F(ab')2 and Fab fragments. Int J Cancer Suppl 2:59-66 (1988). PubMed: 3162446
- Durbin H et al. Production of monoclonal antibodies to placental alkaline phosphatase: preliminary characterisation includes identification of one antibody reactive with routinely fixed histological preparations. Int J Cancer Suppl 2:50-8 (1988). PubMed: 2450848