Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Placental lactogen
- Suitable for: ICC/IF, WB, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Placental lactogen antibody
See all Placental lactogen primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Placental lactogen
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ICC/IF, WB, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Full length native protein (purified) corresponding to Human Placental lactogen.
This product is FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY. For commercial use, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.60
Preservative: 0.1% Sodium azide
Constituents: PBS, 1% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab15554 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|WB||Use at an assay dependent concentration. Predicted molecular weight: 25 kDa.|
|IHC-P||1/250. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
RelevanceFunction: Produced only during pregnancy and is involved in stimulating lactation, fetal growth and metabolism. Does not interact with GHR but only activates PRLR through zinc-induced dimerization. Similarity: Belongs to the somatotropin/prolactin family.
- Choriomammotropin antibody
- Chorionic somatomammotropin A antibody
- chorionic somatomammotropin B antibody
ab15554 at 1/200 staining human BeWo (placenta choriocarcinoma) cells by ICC/IF. The cells were paraformaldehyde fixed and blocked with BSA prior to incubation with the antibody for 30 minutes. A rhodamine conjugated goat anti-rabbit antibody was used as the secondary. The left hand panel of the image shows DAPI counterstain.
ab15554 staining Human placenta by Immunohistochemistry (FFPE-sections).
Anti-Placental lactogen antibody (ab15554) at 1/100 dilution + Human recombinant hPL at 0.1 µg
HRP conjugated donkey anti-rabbit IgG
Developed using the ECL technique.
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size: 25 kDa
Observed band size: 25 kDa
Additional bands at: 10 kDa, 14 kDa, 45 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
Exposure time: 5 minutes
Anti-Placental lactogen antibody (ab15554) at 1/25 dilution + Human placenta lysate
Predicted band size: 25 kDa
Observed band size: 23 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
ab15554 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Drwal E et al. "Real life" polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbon (PAH) mixtures modulate hCG, hPL and hPLGF levels and disrupt the physiological ratio of MMP-2 to MMP-9 and VEGF expression in human placenta cell lines. Reprod Toxicol 95:1-10 (2020). PubMed: 32418891
- Drukker M et al. Isolation of primitive endoderm, mesoderm, vascular endothelial and trophoblast progenitors from human pluripotent stem cells. Nat Biotechnol 30:531-42 (2012). ICC/IF ; Human . PubMed: 22634564
- Adachi K et al. Role of SOX2 in maintaining pluripotency of human embryonic stem cells. Genes Cells : (2010). PubMed: 20384793
- McDonald EA & Wolfe MW Adiponectin attenuation of endocrine function within human term trophoblast cells. Endocrinology 150:4358-65 (2009). PubMed: 19520781