Key features and details
- Assay time: 1 hr
Product namePlasma Membrane Protein Extraction Kit
Assay time1h 00m
Plasma Membrane Protein Extraction Kit ab65400 provides optimized buffers and reagents for effective extraction of plasma membrane proteins from mammalian tissues and cells.
Other commercially available methods can only extract the total cellular membrane proteins (combinations of plasma and organelle membrane proteins). The ab65400 kit offers two options: either extract the total cellular membrane proteins, or purify the plasma membrane proteins specifically.
The procedure offers consistent yield and high purity (over 90%). Membrane proteins prepared using the kit can be utilized in a variety of applications, such as Western blotting, 2-D gels, and enzyme analyses, etc. The entire procedure takes less than 1 hour.
Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components Identifier 50 tests Homogenize Buffer NM 1 x 100ml Lower Phase Solution WM 1 x 20ml Protease Inhibitor Cocktail (Lyophilised) Red 1 vial Upper Phase Solution NM 1 x 20ml
RelevanceMembrane Protein Extraction is a method for extraction of membrane proteins from mammalian tissues and cells. Many procedures extract total cellular membrane proteins which is a combination of plasma and organelle membrane proteins.
Western blotting on the plasma membrane (PM) fraction extracted useing ab65400, total cellular membrane (TCM) fraction, and total lysate of cells expressing GFP-tagged ASIC2a or ASIC2b was performed using anti-GFP antibody. As controls, the PM and the TCM fractions were blotted using anti-calnexin (CNX) antibody, and total lysate was blotted using anti-GAPDH antibody.
Cell membrane protein was collected using plasma membrane protein extraction kit (ab65400). The upper panels show the plasma membrane myc-tagged protein; the middle panels show the cytosolic myc-tagged proteins and the lower panels show the total myc-tagged protein from CHO (Chinese Hamster ovary) whole-cell lysates.
ab65400 has been referenced in 90 publications.
- Li B et al. Ionomycin ameliorates hypophosphatasia via rescuing alkaline phosphatase deficiency-mediated L-type Ca2+ channel internalization in mesenchymal stem cells. Bone Res 8:19 (2020). PubMed: 32351759
- Meng K et al. Arginine GlcNAcylation of Rab small GTPases by the pathogen Salmonella Typhimurium. Commun Biol 3:287 (2020). PubMed: 32504010
- Castro CM et al. Adenosine A2A receptor (A2AR) stimulation enhances mitochondrial metabolism and mitigates reactive oxygen species-mediated mitochondrial injury. FASEB J 34:5027-5045 (2020). PubMed: 32052890
- Feng H et al. Transferrin Receptor Is a Specific Ferroptosis Marker. Cell Rep 30:3411-3423.e7 (2020). PubMed: 32160546
- Lee JS et al. Rapid resensitization of ASIC2a is conferred by three amino acid residues in the N terminus. J Gen Physiol 151:944-953 (2019). PubMed: 31010811