Key features and details
- Assay time: 1 hr
Product namePlasma Membrane Protein Extraction Kit
Assay time1h 00m
Plasma Membrane Protein Extraction Kit ab65400 provides optimized buffers and reagents for effective extraction of plasma membrane proteins from mammalian tissues and cells.
Other commercially available methods can only extract the total cellular membrane proteins (combinations of plasma and organelle membrane proteins). The ab65400 kit offers two options: either extract the total cellular membrane proteins, or purify the plasma membrane proteins specifically.
The procedure offers consistent yield and high purity (over 90%). Membrane proteins prepared using the kit can be utilized in a variety of applications, such as Western blotting, 2-D gels, and enzyme analyses, etc. The entire procedure takes less than 1 hour.
Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components Identifier 50 tests Homogenize Buffer NM 1 x 100ml Lower Phase Solution WM 1 x 20ml Protease Inhibitor Cocktail (Lyophilised) Red 1 vial Upper Phase Solution NM 1 x 20ml
RelevanceMembrane Protein Extraction is a method for extraction of membrane proteins from mammalian tissues and cells. Many procedures extract total cellular membrane proteins which is a combination of plasma and organelle membrane proteins.
Western blotting on the plasma membrane (PM) fraction extracted useing ab65400, total cellular membrane (TCM) fraction, and total lysate of cells expressing GFP-tagged ASIC2a or ASIC2b was performed using anti-GFP antibody. As controls, the PM and the TCM fractions were blotted using anti-calnexin (CNX) antibody, and total lysate was blotted using anti-GAPDH antibody.
Cell membrane protein was collected using plasma membrane protein extraction kit (ab65400). The upper panels show the plasma membrane myc-tagged protein; the middle panels show the cytosolic myc-tagged proteins and the lower panels show the total myc-tagged protein from CHO (Chinese Hamster ovary) whole-cell lysates.
ab65400 has been referenced in 106 publications.
- Chen Z et al. Cell surface GRP78 regulates BACE2 via lysosome-dependent manner to maintain mesenchymal phenotype of glioma stem cells. J Exp Clin Cancer Res 40:20 (2021). PubMed: 33413577
- Lin CN et al. An aptamer interacting with heat shock protein 70 shows therapeutic effects and prognostic ability in serous ovarian cancer. Mol Ther Nucleic Acids 23:757-768 (2021). PubMed: 33614227
- Miyata T et al. Differential role of MLKL in alcohol-associated and non-alcohol-associated fatty liver diseases in mice and humans. JCI Insight 6:N/A (2021). PubMed: 33616081
- Sadhukhan T et al. In a mouse model of INCL reduced S-palmitoylation of cytosolic thioesterase APT1 contributes to microglia proliferation and neuroinflammation. J Inherit Metab Dis 44:1051-1069 (2021). PubMed: 33739454
- Bhandari P et al. GABAB receptor auxiliary subunits modulate Cav2.3-mediated release from medial habenula terminals. Elife 10:N/A (2021). PubMed: 33913808