Key features and details
- Serine protease inhibitor
- CAS Number:
- Purity: > 95%
- Soluble in water
- Form / State: Solid
- Source: Synthetic
Product namePlasminogen Activator Inhibitor 1 (PAI-1), Serine protease inhibitor
DescriptionSerine protease inhibitor
Biological descriptionSerine protease inhibitor. Inhibits tissue plasminogen activator (tPA) and urokinase (uPA), the activators of plasminogen and fibrinolysis.
Storage instructionsStore at +4°C. Store under desiccating conditions. The product can be stored for up to 12 months.
Solubility overviewSoluble in water
Wherever possible, you should prepare and use solutions on the same day. However, if you need to make up stock solutions in advance, we recommend that you store the solution as aliquots in tightly sealed vials at -20°C. Generally, these will be useable for up to one week. Before use, and prior to opening the vial we recommend that you allow your product to equilibrate to room temperature for at least 1 hour.
Need more advice on solubility, usage and handling? Please visit our frequently asked questions (FAQ) page for more details.
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab142349 has been referenced in 5 publications.
- Sultana S et al. Role of plasminogen activator inhibitor - 1 (PAI-1) in regulating the pathogenesis of S. aureus arthritis via plasminogen pathway. Immunol Lett 209:53-66 (2019). PubMed: 30922783
- Zhihua Y et al. Hypoxia decreases macrophage glycolysis and M1 percentage by targeting microRNA-30c and mTOR in human gastric cancer. Cancer Sci 110:2368-2377 (2019). PubMed: 31222863
- Liu F et al. Increased T-helper 17 cell differentiation mediated by exosome-mediated microRNA-451 redistribution in gastric cancer infiltrated T cells. Cancer Sci 109:65-73 (2018). WB . PubMed: 29059496
- Zhu C et al. Plasminogen Activator Inhibitor 1 Promotes Immunosuppression in Human Non-Small Cell Lung Cancers by Enhancing TGF-?1 Expression in Macrophage. Cell Physiol Biochem 44:2201-2211 (2017). PubMed: 29253845
- Gupta KK et al. Abrogation of plasminogen activator inhibitor-1-vitronectin interaction ameliorates acute kidney injury in murine endotoxemia. PLoS One 10:e0120728 (2015). IHC ; Mouse . PubMed: 25799354