Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Plexin A1
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Plexin A1 antibody
See all Plexin A1 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Plexin A1
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Constituents: PBS, 50% Glycerol, 0.1% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab23391 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/1000. Predicted molecular weight: 195 kDa.|
RelevanceFunction: Coreceptor for SEMA3A, SEMA3C, SEMA3F and SEMA6D. Necessary for signaling by class 3 semaphorins and subsequent remodeling of the cytoskeleton. Plays a role in axon guidance, invasive growth and cell migration. Class 3 semaphorins bind to a complex composed of a neuropilin and a plexin. The plexin modulates the affinity of the complex for specific semaphorins, and its cytoplasmic domain is required for the activation of down-stream signaling events in the cytoplasm. Tissue specificity: Detected in fetal brain, lung, liver and kidney. Similarity: Belongs to the plexin family. Contains 4 IPT/TIG domains. Contains 1 Sema domain.
Cellular localizationCell Membrane
- NOV antibody
- NOV/plexin A1 protein antibody
- NOVP antibody
Western blots showing Cos-7 cells transfected with mouse myc-tagged Plexin-A1 (lanes 1 & 3), neonatal rat brain (lane 2), or Plexin-A1 immunoprecipitated from myc-tagged Plexin-A1 transfected cells using anti-Myc (lane 4) or anti-Plexin-A1 (ab23391; lane 5). These blots were probed with either the affinity purified anti-Plexin-A1 (ab23391; lanes 1 & 2) or with mouse monoclonal anti-Myc (lanes 3-5).
ab23391 has been referenced in 10 publications.
- Gamper C et al. Functionalized Tobacco Mosaic Virus Coat Protein Monomers and Oligomers as Nanocarriers for Anti-Cancer Peptides. Cancers (Basel) 11:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31652529
- Wang N et al. The Sema3A receptor Plexin-A1 suppresses supernumerary axons through Rap1 GTPases. Sci Rep 8:15647 (2018). PubMed: 30353093
- Delloye-Bourgeois C et al. PlexinA1 is a new Slit receptor and mediates axon guidance function of Slit C-terminal fragments. Nat Neurosci 18:36-45 (2015). PubMed: 25485759
- Hernandez-Enriquez B et al. Floor plate-derived neuropilin-2 functions as a secreted semaphorin sink to facilitate commissural axon midline crossing. Genes Dev 29:2617-32 (2015). PubMed: 26680304
- Zylbersztejn K et al. The vesicular SNARE Synaptobrevin is required for Semaphorin 3A axonal repulsion. J Cell Biol 196:37-46 (2012). WB . PubMed: 22213797
- Nawabi H et al. A midline switch of receptor processing regulates commissural axon guidance in vertebrates. Genes Dev 24:396-410 (2010). WB, IHC-Fr ; Mouse . PubMed: 20159958
- Tatsumi R et al. Possible implication of satellite cells in regenerative motoneuritogenesis: HGF upregulates neural chemorepellent Sema3A during myogenic differentiation. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 297:C238-52 (2009). ICC/IF ; Rat . PubMed: 19515904
- Long JB et al. VEGF-A and Semaphorin3A: modulators of vascular sympathetic innervation. Dev Biol 334:119-32 (2009). ICC/IF ; Mouse . PubMed: 19631637
- Müller MW et al. Association of axon guidance factor semaphorin 3A with poor outcome in pancreatic cancer. Int J Cancer 121:2421-33 (2007). PubMed: 17631638
- Eun SY et al. Cutting edge: rho activation and actin polarization are dependent on plexin-A1 in dendritic cells. J Immunol 177:4271-5 (2006). ICC/IF ; Mouse . PubMed: 16982860