Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Plexin A2
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Mouse
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Plexin A2 antibody
See all Plexin A2 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Plexin A2
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse
Predicted to work with: HumanDoes not react with: Rat
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Mouse Plexin A2 aa 300-400.
(Peptide available as
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Batches of this product that have a concentration < 1mg/ml may have BSA added as a stabilising agent. If you would like information about the formulation of a specific lot, please contact our scientific support team who will be happy to help.
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab39357 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 2 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 230 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 212 kDa).|
FunctionCoreceptor for SEMA3A. Necessary for signaling by class 3 semaphorins and subsequent remodeling of the cytoskeleton. Plays a role in axon guidance, invasive growth and cell migration. Class 3 semaphorins bind to a complex composed of a neuropilin and a plexin. The plexin modulates the affinity of the complex for specific semaphorins, and its cytoplasmic domain is required for the activation of down-stream signaling events in the cytoplasm.
Tissue specificityDetected in fetal brain.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the plexin family.
Contains 4 IPT/TIG domains.
Contains 1 Sema domain.
- Information by UniProt
- Plexin-A2 antibody
- PlexinA2 antibody
- PLXA2 antibody
Anti-Plexin A2 antibody (ab39357) at 2 µg/ml +
Mouse brain tissue lysate - total protein (0 days) (ab7188) at 20 µg
Goat Polyclonal to rabbit IgG - H&L - Pre adsorbed (HRP) at 1/3000 dilution
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size: 212 kDa
Observed band size: 230 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Plexin A2 contains a number of potential glycosylation sites (SwissProt) which may explain its migration at a higher molecular weight than predicted.
Immunofluorescence analysis of mouse neural tube cells, staining Plexin A2 (green) with ab39357.
Cells were fixed before being blocked with 10% serum for 1 hour at 26°C. Samples were incubated with primary antibody (1/100 in diluent) for 12 hours at 4°C. An AlexaFluor®488-conjugated goat anti-rabbit polyclonal IgG (1/500) was used as the secondary antibody.
ab39357 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Smolkin T et al. Complexes of plexin-A4 and plexin-D1 convey semaphorin-3C signals to induce cytoskeletal collapse in the absence of neuropilins. J Cell Sci 131:N/A (2018). PubMed: 29661844
- Sabag AD et al. The role of the plexin-A2 receptor in Sema3A and Sema3B signal transduction. J Cell Sci 127:5240-52 (2014). PubMed: 25335892
- Li W et al. Brg1 governs distinct pathways to direct multiple aspects of mammalian neural crest cell development. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 110:1738-43 (2013). PubMed: 23319608
- Piaton G et al. Class 3 semaphorins influence oligodendrocyte precursor recruitment and remyelination in adult central nervous system. Brain 134:1156-67 (2011). PubMed: 21421691