Key features and details
- Rat monoclonal [RM0010-8F09] to PLGF
- Suitable for: IHC-P
- Reacts with: Mouse
- Isotype: IgG2
Product nameAnti-PLGF antibody [RM0010-8F09]
See all PLGF primary antibodies
DescriptionRat monoclonal [RM0010-8F09] to PLGF
Specificityab51654 recognizes mouse PLGF.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse
Recombinant full length protein (Mouse)
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferConstituent: PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein G purified
Purification notesab51654 was produced from a hybridoma. The IgG fraction of the tissue culture supernatant was purified by Protein G affinity chromatography and lyophilized.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab51654 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||1/50 - 1/100.|
FunctionGrowth factor active in angiogenesis and endothelial cell growth, stimulating their proliferation and migration. It binds to the receptor FLT1/VEGFR-1. Isoform PlGF-2 binds NRP1/neuropilin-1 and NRP2/neuropilin-2 in a heparin-dependent manner.
Tissue specificityWhile the three isoforms are present in most placental tissues, PlGF-2 is specific to early (8 week) placenta and only PlGF-1 is found in the colon and mammary carcinomas.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the PDGF/VEGF growth factor family.
DomainIsoform PlGF-2 contains a basic insert which acts as a cell retention signal.
Cellular localizationSecreted. The three isoforms are secreted but PlGF-2 appears to remain cell attached unless released by heparin.
- Information by UniProt
- D12S1900 antibody
- Pgf antibody
- PGFL antibody
ab51654 has been referenced in 5 publications.
- Crespo-Garcia S et al. Individual and temporal variability of the retina after chronic bilateral common carotid artery occlusion (BCCAO). PLoS One 13:e0193961 (2018). PubMed: 29547662
- Li X et al. Placental growth factor silencing ameliorates liver fibrosis and angiogenesis and inhibits activation of hepatic stellate cells in a murine model of chronic liver disease. J Cell Mol Med 21:2370-2385 (2017). PubMed: 28378526
- Li Y et al. Folate Deficiency Could Restrain Decidual Angiogenesis in Pregnant Mice. Nutrients 7:6425-45 (2015). WB ; Mouse . PubMed: 26247969
- Saad AF et al. Effects of pravastatin on angiogenic and placental hypoxic imbalance in a mouse model of preeclampsia. Reprod Sci 21:138-45 (2014). Mouse . PubMed: 23749761
- Tayade C et al. Genetic deletion of placenta growth factor in mice alters uterine NK cells. J Immunol 178:4267-75 (2007). IHC-P ; Mouse . PubMed: 17371983