Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [2A3] to PLK1 (phospho T210)
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG1
Product nameAnti-PLK1 (phospho T210) antibody [2A3]
See all PLK1 primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [2A3] to PLK1 (phospho T210)
Specificityab39068 recognises Plk1 (phospho T210).
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Human PLK1.
- Extracts from overnight nocodazole treated Hela cells.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.09% Sodium azide
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein G purified
Purification notesab39068 is an affinity purified IgG.
Light chain typekappa
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab39068 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Predicted molecular weight: 68 kDa.|
FunctionSerine/threonine-protein kinase that performs several important functions throughout M phase of the cell cycle, including the regulation of centrosome maturation and spindle assembly, the removal of cohesins from chromosome arms, the inactivation of APC/C inhibitors, and the regulation of mitotic exit and cytokinesis. Required for recovery after DNA damage checkpoint and entry into mitosis. Required for kinetochore localization of BUB1B. Phosphorylates SGOL1. Required for spindle pole localization of isoform 3 of SGOL1 and plays a role in regulating its centriole cohesion function. Phosphorylates BORA, and thereby promotes the degradation of BORA. Contributes to the regulation of AURKA function. Regulates TP53 stability through phosphorylation of TOPORS.
Tissue specificityPlacenta and colon.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. Ser/Thr protein kinase family. CDC5/Polo subfamily.
Contains 2 POLO box domains.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
Developmental stageAccumulates to a maximum during the G2 and M phases, declines to a nearly undetectable level following mitosis and throughout G1 phase, and then begins to accumulate again during S phase.
modificationsCatalytic activity is enhanced by phosphorylation of Thr-210. Phosphorylation at Thr-210 is first detected on centrosomes in the G2 phase of the cell cycle, peaks in prometaphase and gradually disappears from centrosomes during anaphase.
Autophosphorylation and phosphorylation of Ser-137 may not be significant for the activation of PLK1 during mitosis, but may enhance catalytic activity during recovery after DNA damage checkpoint.
Ubiquitinated by the anaphase promoting complex/cyclosome (APC/C) in anaphase and following DNA damage, leading to its degradation by the proteasome. Ubiquitination is mediated via its interaction with FZR1/CDH1. Ubiquitination and subsequent degradation prevents entry into mitosis and is essential to maintain an efficient G2 DNA damage checkpoint.
Cellular localizationNucleus. Chromosome > centromere > kinetochore. Cytoplasm > cytoskeleton > centrosome. During early stages of mitosis, the phosphorylated form is detected on centrosomes and kinetochores. Localizes to the outer kinetochore. Presence of SGOL1 and interaction with the phosphorylated form of BUB1 is required for the kinetochore localization.
- Information by UniProt
- Cell cycle regulated protein kinase antibody
- PLK 1 antibody
- PLK antibody
All lanes : Anti-PLK1 (phospho T210) antibody [2A3] (ab39068) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 1 : Extracts from untreated Hela cells
Lane 2 : Extracts from overnight nocodazole treated Hela cells
Predicted band size: 68 kDa
Observed band size: 66 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
ab39068 has been referenced in 21 publications.
- Han Y et al. Synergistic activity of BET inhibitor MK-8628 and PLK inhibitor Volasertib in preclinical models of medulloblastoma. Cancer Lett 445:24-33 (2019). PubMed: 30611741
- Aziz K et al. Ccne1 Overexpression Causes Chromosome Instability in Liver Cells and Liver Tumor Development in Mice. Gastroenterology 157:210-226.e12 (2019). PubMed: 30878468
- de Cárcer G et al. Plk1 overexpression induces chromosomal instability and suppresses tumor development. Nat Commun 9:3012 (2018). PubMed: 30069007
- Hsu WH et al. Adducin-1 is essential for spindle pole integrity through its interaction with TPX2. EMBO Rep 19:N/A (2018). PubMed: 29925526
- de Castro IJ et al. CDK1 and PLK1 coordinate the disassembly and reassembly of the nuclear envelope in vertebrate mitosis. Oncotarget 9:7763-7773 (2018). PubMed: 29487689