Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Rabbit monoclonal [EPR14238(B)] to PLP2
- Suitable for: Flow Cyt, IP, WB, ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Human
Product nameAnti-PLP2 antibody [EPR14238(B)]
See all PLP2 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EPR14238(B)] to PLP2
Tested applicationsSuitable for: Flow Cyt, IP, WB, ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Synthetic peptide (the amino acid sequence is considered to be commercially sensitive) within Human PLP2 aa 100 to the C-terminus. The exact sequence is proprietary.
Database link: Q04941
- Human colon cancer and cerebellum lysates; SW480 cells; U87-MG cells.
Mouse, Rat: We have preliminary internal testing data to indicate this antibody may not react with these species. Please contact us for more information.
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Constituents: 59% PBS, 40% Glycerol, 0.05% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab180131 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
ab172730 - Rabbit monoclonal IgG, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
|WB||1/2000 - 1/5000. Predicted molecular weight: 17 kDa.|
FunctionMay play a role in cell differentiation in the intestinal epithelium.
Tissue specificityEnriched in colonic mucosa. The expression of A4 follows a gradient along the crypto-villus axis with the most abundant message occurring in the lower half of the crypt.
Sequence similaritiesContains 1 MARVEL domain.
- Information by UniProt
- A4 antibody
- A4 differentiation dependent protein antibody
- A4-LSB antibody
All lanes : Anti-PLP2 antibody [EPR14238(B)] (ab180131) at 1/5000 dilution
Lane 1 : Human colon cancer lysate
Lane 2 : Human cerebellum lysate
Lysates/proteins at 20 µg per lane.
All lanes : Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG H&L (HRP) (ab136636) at 1/500 dilution
Predicted band size: 17 kDa
Immunofluorescence analysis of SW480 cells labeling PLP2 using ab180131 at 1/250 dilution. A Goat anti rabbit IgG (Dylight 488) at 1/250 dilution was used as secondary antibody. Cells were fixed with 4% paraformaldehyde. Counterstain: DAPI.
Immunoprecipitation analysis of Human colon cancer lysate labeling PLP2 using ab180131 at 1/30 dilution. A Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG, (H+L), Peroxidase conjugated at 1/1000 was used as secondary antibody.
Flow cytometry analysis of U87-MG cells labeling PLP2 using ab180131 at 1/80 dilution. A Goat anti rabbit IgG (FITC) at 1/75 dilution was used as secondary antibody. Cells were fixed with 2% paraformaldehyde. Isotype control: Rabbit IgG.
ab180131 has been referenced in 2 publications.
- Chen YH et al. Proteolipid Protein 2 Overexpression Indicates Aggressive Tumor Behavior and Adverse Prognosis in Human Gliomas. Int J Mol Sci 19:N/A (2018). PubMed: 30373180
- Ding Z et al. Loss of MiR-664 Expression Enhances Cutaneous Malignant Melanoma Proliferation by Upregulating PLP2. Medicine (Baltimore) 94:e1327 (2015). WB . PubMed: 26287415