Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [5B3] to Plzf
- Suitable for: WB, ICC/IF, Flow Cyt
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG1
Product nameAnti-Plzf antibody [5B3]
See all Plzf primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [5B3] to Plzf
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, ICC/IF, Flow Cytmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Purified recombinant fragment of Human Plzf expressed in E. Coli.
- HeLa whole cell lysate (ab150035). HeLa cells
This product was changed from ascites to supernatant. Lot no’s high than GR161367-22 are from Tissue Culture Supernatant
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Store at -20°C long term.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein G purified
Purification notesPurified from tissue culture supernatant.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab104854 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/500 - 1/2000. Predicted molecular weight: 74 kDa.|
|ICC/IF||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
ab170190 - Mouse monoclonal IgG1, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
FunctionProbable transcription factor. May play a role in myeloid maturation and in the development and/or maintenance of other differentiated tissues. Probable substrate-recognition component of an E3 ubiquitin-protein ligase complex which mediates the ubiquitination and subsequent proteasomal degradation of target proteins.
Tissue specificityWithin the hematopoietic system, PLZF is expressed in bone marrow, early myeloid cell lines and peripheral blood mononuclear cells. Also expressed in the ovary, and at lower levels, in the kidney and lung.
PathwayProtein modification; protein ubiquitination.
Involvement in diseaseSkeletal defects, genital hypoplasia, and mental retardation
A chromosomal aberration involving ZBTB16 may be a cause of acute promyelocytic leukemia (APL). Translocation t(11;17)(q32;q21) with RARA.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the krueppel C2H2-type zinc-finger protein family.
Contains 1 BTB (POZ) domain.
Contains 9 C2H2-type zinc fingers.
- Information by UniProt
- AI467657 antibody
- lu antibody
- PLZF antibody
Anti-Plzf antibody [5B3] (ab104854) at 1/500 dilution + HeLa cell lysate
Predicted band size: 74 kDa
Immunofluorescence analysis of Hela cells using ab104854 (green). Red: Actin filaments have been labeled with Alexa Fluor-555 phalloidin.
Overlay histogram showing K562 cells stained with ab104854 (red line). The cells were fixed with 80% methanol (5 min) and then permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Tween for 20 min. The cells were then incubated in 1x PBS / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine to block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab104854, 1/50 dilution) for 30 min at 22ºC. The secondary antibody used was DyLight® 488 goat anti-mouse IgG (H+L) (ab96879) at 1/500 dilution for 30 min at 22ºC. Isotype control antibody (black line) was mouse IgG1 [ICIGG1] (ab91353, 2µg/1x106 cells) used under the same conditions. Acquisition of >5,000 events was performed.
ab104854 has been referenced in 8 publications.
- Zheng Y et al. Establishment of cell lines with porcine spermatogonial stem cell properties. J Anim Sci Biotechnol 11:33 (2020). PubMed: 32308978
- Chen W et al. Hsa-miR-1908-3p Mediates the Self-Renewal and Apoptosis of Human Spermatogonial Stem Cells via Targeting KLF2. Mol Ther Nucleic Acids 20:788-800 (2020). PubMed: 32438314
- Lei Q et al. H19 regulates the proliferation of bovine male germline stem cells via IGF-1 signaling pathway. J Cell Physiol 234:915-926 (2018). PubMed: 30069947
- Yu-Ching Lin Z et al. Gene expression ontogeny of spermatogenesis in the marmoset uncovers primate characteristics during testicular development. Dev Biol N/A:N/A (2015). IHC-P ; Common marmoset . PubMed: 25624265
- McConnell MJ et al. Post transcriptional control of the epigenetic stem cell regulator PLZF by sirtuin and HDAC deacetylases. Epigenetics Chromatin 8:38 (2015). PubMed: 26405459
- Edri R et al. Analysing human neural stem cell ontogeny by consecutive isolation of Notch active neural progenitors. Nat Commun 6:6500 (2015). Other ; Human . PubMed: 25799239
- Zheng QS et al. Wt1 deficiency causes undifferentiated spermatogonia accumulation and meiotic progression disruption in neonatal mice. Reproduction 147:45-52 (2014). PubMed: 24129152
- Schwab KR et al. Arrested spermatogenesis and evidence for DNA damage in PTIP mutant testes. Dev Biol 373:64-71 (2013). PubMed: 23063797