Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to PML Protein
- Suitable for: WB, IP, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-PML Protein antibody
See all PML Protein primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to PML Protein
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IP, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Chimpanzee, Gorilla, Orangutan
Synthetic peptide corresponding to a region between residues 375 and 425 of human PML Protein, NP_150241.2.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.09% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.1% BSA, Tris buffered saline
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab72137 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/2000 - 1/10000. Detects a band of approximately 98 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 98 kDa).|
|IP||Use at 2-5 µg/mg of lysate.|
|IHC-P||1/200 - 1/1000. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
FunctionKey component of PML nuclear bodies that regulate a large number of cellular processes by facilitating post-translational modification of target proteins, promoting protein-protein contacts, or by sequestering proteins. Functions as tumor suppressor. Required for normal, caspase-dependent apoptosis in response to DNA damage, FAS, TNF, or interferons. Plays a role in transcription regulation, DNA damage response, DNA repair and chromatin organization. Plays a role in processes regulated by retinoic acid, regulation of cell division, terminal differentiation of myeloid precursor cells and differentiation of neural progenitor cells. Required for normal immunity to microbial infections. Plays a role in antiviral response. In the cytoplasm, plays a role in TGFB1-dependent processes. Regulates p53/TP53 levels by inhibiting its ubiquitination and proteasomal degradation. Regulates activation of p53/TP53 via phosphorylation at 'Ser-20'. Sequesters MDM2 in the nucleolus after DNA damage, and thereby inhibits ubiquitination and degradation of p53/TP53. Regulates translation of HIF1A by sequestering MTOR, and thereby plays a role in neoangiogenesis and tumor vascularization. Regulates RB1 phosphorylation and activity. Required for normal development of the brain cortex during embryogenesis. Can sequester herpes virus and varicella virus proteins inside PML bodies, and thereby inhibit the formation of infectious viral particles. Regulates phosphorylation of ITPR3 and plays a role in the regulation of calcium homeostasis at the endoplasmic reticulum (By similarity). Regulates transcription activity of ELF4. Inhibits specifically the activity of the tetrameric form of PKM2. Together with SATB1, involved in local chromatin-loop remodeling and gene expression regulation at the MHC-I locus. Regulates PTEN compartmentalization through the inhibition of USP7-mediated deubiquitinylation.
Involvement in diseaseNote=A chromosomal aberration involving PML may be a cause of acute promyelocytic leukemia (APL). Translocation t(15;17)(q21;q21) with RARA. The PML breakpoints (type A and type B) lie on either side of an alternatively spliced exon.
Sequence similaritiesContains 2 B box-type zinc fingers.
Contains 1 RING-type zinc finger.
DomainInteracts with PKM2 via its coiled-coil domain.
Binds arsenic via the RING-type zinc finger.
modificationsUbiquitinated; mediated by RNF4, SIAH1 or SIAH2 and leading to subsequent proteasomal degradation. 'Lys-6'-, 'Lys-11'-, 'Lys-48'- and 'Lys-63'-linked polyubiquitination by RNF4 is polysumoylation-dependent.
Undergoes 'Lys-11'-linked sumoylation. Sumoylation on all three sites is required for nuclear body formation. Sumoylation on Lys-160 is a prerequisite for sumoylation on Lys-65. The PML-RARA fusion protein requires the coiled-coil domain for sumoylation. Desumoylated by SENP2 and SENP6. Arsenic induces PML and PML-RARA oncogenic fusion proteins polysumoylation and their subsequent RNF4-dependent ubiquitination and proteasomal degradation, and is used as treatment in acute promyelocytic leukemia (APL).
Phosphorylated in response to DNA damage, probably by ATR.
Acetylation may promote sumoylation and enhance induction of apoptosis.
Cellular localizationNucleus > nucleoplasm. Cytoplasm. Nucleus > PML body. Nucleus > nucleolus. Endoplasmic reticulum membrane. Early endosome membrane. Sumoylated forms localize to the PML nuclear bodies. The B1 box and the RING finger are also required for this nuclear localization. Isoforms lacking a nuclear localization signal are cytoplasmic. Detected in the nucleolus after DNA damage. Sequestered in the cytoplasm by interaction with rabies virus phosphoprotein.
- Information by UniProt
- Acure promyelocytic leukemia, inducer of antibody
- MYL antibody
- Pml antibody
Immunohistochemistry (Formalin/PFA-fixed paraffin-embedded sections) analysis of human prostate carcinoma tissue labelling PML Protein with ab72137 at 1/1000 (0.2µg/ml). Detection: DAB.
All lanes : Anti-PML Protein antibody (ab72137) at 0.04 µg/ml
Lane 1 : Whole cell lysate from Hela cells at 50 µg
Lane 2 : Whole cell lysate from Hela cells at 15 µg
Lane 3 : Whole cell lysate from Hela cells at 5 µg
Lane 4 : Whole cell lysate from 293T cells at 50 µg
Predicted band size: 98 kDa
Observed band size: 98 kDa
Various other bands are detected, ranging from ~80-400 kDa.
Immunoprecipitation/ Western Blot of PML Protein.
Lane 1: ab72137 at 3µg/mg whole cell lysate.
Lane 2: Control IgG.
ab72137 at 1µg/ml for subsequent WB.
Whole cell lysate from Hela cells at 1mg for IP, 20% of IP loaded.
Detection:Chemiluminescence with an exposure time of 3 seconds.
ab72137 has been referenced in 8 publications.
- Morganti C et al. Regulation of PKCß levels and autophagy by PML is essential for high-glucose-dependent mesenchymal stem cell adipogenesis. Int J Obes (Lond) 43:963-973 (2019). PubMed: 30082750
- Zerboni L et al. Age-Associated Differences in Infection of Human Skin in the SCID Mouse Model of Varicella-Zoster Virus Pathogenesis. J Virol 92:N/A (2018). PubMed: 29563288
- Chen D et al. Promyelocytic Leukemia Restricts Enterovirus 71 Replication by Inhibiting Autophagy. Front Immunol 9:1268 (2018). PubMed: 29922292
- Xu T et al. Expression of the promyelocytic leukemia protein without the nuclear localization signal as a novel diagnostic marker for acute promyelocytic leukemia. Oncol Rep 37:986-994 (2017). PubMed: 28075463
- Missiroli S et al. PML at Mitochondria-Associated Membranes Is Critical for the Repression of Autophagy and Cancer Development. Cell Rep 16:2415-27 (2016). PubMed: 27545895
- Ivanauskiene K et al. The PML-associated protein DEK regulates the balance of H3.3 loading on chromatin and is important for telomere integrity. Genome Res 24:1584-94 (2014). Human . PubMed: 25049225
- Izumiya Y et al. Kaposi's sarcoma-associated herpesvirus K-Rta exhibits SUMO-targeting ubiquitin ligase (STUbL) like activity and is essential for viral reactivation. PLoS Pathog 9:e1003506 (2013). PubMed: 23990779
- Li Q et al. AXIN is an essential co-activator for the promyelocytic leukemia protein in p53 activation. Oncogene : (2010). WB, ICC/IF, IP ; Human . PubMed: 21057547