Key features and details
- Non-specific protease inhibitor
- CAS Number: 329-98-6
- Purity: > 98%
- Form / State: Solid
- Source: Synthetic
Product namePMSF, protease inhibitor
DescriptionNon-specific protease inhibitor
- Phenylmethylsulfonyl fluoride
Unstable in water
Storage instructions: Hygroscopic, Under inert atmosphere.
Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Please see notes section.
Wherever possible, you should prepare and use solutions on the same day. However, if you need to make up stock solutions in advance, we recommend that you store the solution as aliquots in tightly sealed vials at -20°C. Generally, these will be useable for up to one month. Before use, and prior to opening the vial we recommend that you allow your product to equilibrate to room temperature for at least 1 hour.
Toxic, refer to SDS for further information.
Need more advice on solubility, usage and handling? Please visit our frequently asked questions (FAQ) page for more details.
2D chemical structure image of ab141032, PMSF, protease inhibitor
Analysis of protein expression level in the sclera. The scleral tissue was homogenized and solubilized in ice-cold PBS containing PMSF protease inhibitor. Lumican and collagen type I were both overexpressed at the protein level in the transgenic sclera. GAPDH was used as a control. Lane 1 to lane 5, transgenic mice. Lane 6 to lane 9, wild-type mice.
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab141032 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Alshehri AS Kaempferol attenuates diabetic nephropathy in streptozotocin-induced diabetic rats by a hypoglycaemic effect and concomitant activation of the Nrf-2/Ho-1/antioxidants axis. Arch Physiol Biochem N/A:1-14 (2021). PubMed: 33625930
- Abd-Ella EM et al. Dehydroepiandrosterone protects against acetaminophen-induced liver damage in rats by upregulation of Bcl-2 and activation of sirt signalling. J Physiol Pharmacol 71:N/A (2020). PubMed: 33727425
- Song Y et al. Enlargement of the Axial Length and Altered Ultrastructural Features of the Sclera in a Mutant Lumican Transgenic Mouse Model. PLoS One 11:e0163165 (2016). WB ; Mouse . PubMed: 27711221
- Ni Z et al. AU4S: a novel synthetic peptide to measure the activity of ATG4 in living cells. Autophagy 11:403-15 (2015). PubMed: 25831015