Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Pol V
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Escherichia coli
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Pol V antibody
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Pol V
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Escherichia coli
Fusion protein corresponding to Pol V.
- Protein extract from E. coli
This product was previously labelled as umuD
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 6
Preservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Constituent: Whole serum
Concentration information loading...
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab91343 in the following tested applications.
Not yet tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
RelevanceUmuD is a DNA polymerase V subunit capable of translesion synthesis and inducible mutagenesis, by radiation or chemical agents. Transcription of umuD is repressed by a repressor, LexA protein in uninduced cells. The processed UmuD protein is the active form for mutagenesis and the UmuD-UmuC complex functions as a error-prone translesion DNA polymerase. The molecular weight of the intact UmuD is 17kD and the proteolytically processed active form is 14KD.
- DNA polymerase V subunit D antibody
- ECK1171 antibody
- JW1172 antibody
- Protein umuD antibody
ab91343 has been referenced in 2 publications.
- Naiman K et al. Chronology in lesion tolerance gives priority to genetic variability. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 111:5526-31 (2014). PubMed: 24706928
- Cafarelli TM et al. A single residue unique to DinB-like proteins limits formation of the polymerase IV multiprotein complex in Escherichia coli. J Bacteriol 195:1179-93 (2013). Escherichia coli . PubMed: 23292773